Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 09:07 AM
Fire Giant

WahhhhhHhhhhHhhhhh!
Old 01-20-2020, 09:52 AM
Orc

I think the saddest thing is all of the reasonable, casual people are probably going to be the ones to quit over this. The ones who say 'WahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahHHHHahhhHHHH' and 'you didn't get your pixels lul' etc are the ones who will stay. The remaining population will be a cesspool of masochists and braindead trolls.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

So the people that are pissed are mostly people who can't get legacy items. Is the only reason these people wanted Green to even come out was a chance to get a legacy item just to say they have a legacy item on some green server they don't care about before they go back to Blue? Some complains just reek of complaining to complain for the sake of complaining.

Devs are the problem
Not really classic isnt the problem
Overpopulation isn't the problem

The attitude of most of the P99 playerbase is the problem. It's mostly entitled people who would rather play the game alone without the MMO part of the RPG. They feel they are owed something just by logging in. They shouldn't have to wait for a rare camp, they should just get it because they are a 20 year veteran of the game and damn it, it's their turn. They shouldn't have to sit and go off the beaten path for shitty XP because nothing else is available, they should get Upper Guk Zoneline group in a duo or trio for maximum EXP because fuck everybody else, they know the best camp, they know 6 man groups are inefficient and fuck you.

Nothing about P99 is classic as far as the PLAYERS go, the players are different now and understand the game inside and out, things have evolved into toxicity, mememe, and just overall dickheadishness. Some choose to still play and the game is free, so stop whining about the developers and the things you can't control and try being less of an entitled prick and maybe you'd enjoy the game a little more for what it actually is.

For what it's worth, alot of people I run into are pretty nice on the surface in passing, but the 1 asshole outweighs the 10 nice people you met that day.
Last edited by zaneosak; 01-20-2020 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: z.zz
Old 01-20-2020, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the saddest thing is all of the reasonable, casual people are probably going to be the ones to quit over this. The ones who say 'WahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahHHHHahhhHHHH' and 'you didn't get your pixels lul' etc are the ones who will stay. The remaining population will be a cesspool of masochists and braindead trolls.
This. I had a decent spot to get experience and good money for the level that was available maybe 60% of the time (on Green) prior to the merge... I've checked a few times since the merge and every time is was occupied either by high levels just farming coin and/or a line of people. Once I found this spot I felt like I had some opportunity to participate in trading with the insane prices, now it looks like that won't be happening any time soon... hell even during what was traditionally off hours a lvl 50 shaman is killing non-stop with another guy waiting in line for over an hour hoping he will leave. But let's just say "that's classic" so nobody is allowed to voice anything other than happiness
Last edited by Anxarcule; 01-20-2020 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Aviak

All these poor strawmen arguments and poor logic.from diseased minds. I swear most of these responses seem to lack any argument other than happiness that others are rightfully frustrated.

There was already not enough content 40-50 for the 2 servers. Most reasonable people dont want to spend 2 hours minimum just to have a chance at some content. Merging the servers will guaranteed have the effect of lowering the overall total population. I'm thinking server overhead costs should drop some.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

if only mom wouldve made me ham instead of pnut i wouldnt have to run away and live in the streets look what mommy did to me. got a dollar?
Old 01-20-2020, 10:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the people that are pissed are mostly people who can't get legacy items. Is the only reason these people wanted Green to even come out was a chance to get a legacy item just to say they have a legacy item on some green server they don't care about before they go back to Blue? Some complains just reek of complaining to complain for the sake of complaining.

Devs are the problem
Not really classic isnt the problem
Overpopulation isn't the problem

The attitude of most of the P99 playerbase is the problem. It's mostly entitled people who would rather play the game alone without the MMO part of the RPG. They feel they are owed something just by logging in. They shouldn't have to wait for a rare camp, they should just get it because they are a 20 year veteran of the game and damn it, it's their turn. They shouldn't have to sit and go off the beaten path for shitty XP because nothing else is available, they should get Upper Guk Zoneline group in a duo or trio for maximum EXP because fuck everybody else, they know the best camp, they know 6 man groups are inefficient and fuck you.

Nothing about P99 is classic as far as the PLAYERS go, the players are different now and understand the game inside and out, things have evolved into toxicity, mememe, and just overall dickheadishness. Some choose to still play and the game is free, so stop whining about the developers and the things you can't control and try being less of an entitled prick and maybe you'd enjoy the game a little more for what it actually is.

For what it's worth, alot of people I run into are pretty nice on the surface in passing, but the 1 asshole outweighs the 10 nice people you met that day.
don't paint me with that brush. i don't like the attitude that dominates the forums and that it seems to be shared by the devs. Honestly for me its the fact that even after the forced merge, there is nothing to do and no community or economy to speak of. Those are what we call "emergent systems", they are more like a plant, they grow organically over time. Forced mergers won't help them grow but could harm them, time will tell.

My problem is this simple. Before green launch blue was something special. It is clear it was not valued and it was destroyed intentionally and without reconsideration. The attitudes and actions since are not just nonchalant, its dismissive and perhaps harmful to there ever being a community again here at all.

If the community and economy (really just an indicator of a healthy community) ever recover i would be interested in playing again. I am bored, we farmed all the pixals and have legacy items parked on all our mules. Its not pixels.

Someone has mistaken a healthy community for the ability to easily get a group in stupid, poorly designed 20 year old dungeons (they get better in kunark) and the effect is a visible lack of players.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

ITS HARD TO FATHOM THE AMOUNT OF GIANT PUSSIES ON THE INTERNET
Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

No one cares. Are you quitting? Good!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

it's all just a big social experiment
Closed Thread