Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how would you gamble in eq?
Death roll?
Old 01-23-2020, 10:18 PM
Kobold

If they do make this happen it should be a requirement that Dark Men Of Odus be forced to transfer there out of sheer baller status
Old 01-24-2020, 01:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how would you gamble in eq?
ppl can play craps for money using the /random roll, and converting the values of the numbers rolled into the game of craps (dice).

I have no idea why this is illegal, however I am a compulsive gambler so I see the demon in the issue. Anyways, I know while it's not like they are hunting you down, if you try to set up a little game, everybody will snitch on you quick fast.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ppl can play craps for money using the /random roll, and converting the values of the numbers rolled into the game of craps (dice).

I have no idea why this is illegal, however I am a compulsive gambler so I see the demon in the issue. Anyways, I know while it's not like they are hunting you down, if you try to set up a little game, everybody will snitch on you quick fast.
It’s super easy to run an RMT scheme if you have lots of cash trading hands with nothing in return.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-24-2020, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s super easy to run an RMT scheme if you have lots of cash trading hands with nothing in return.

No known instances on the 4 years gambling was legal during P99 blue or classic live servers*

There's something that actually makes RMT schemes 100x easier than laundering plat in highly visible trades with an advertised max bet amount and /randoms that can be monitored by 100 people standing around you.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

GM events thats a funny joke
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM events thats a funny joke
They could draw a large crowd if announced if announced some time in advance though.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

But really a server without rules would be the best. Players will police themselves.

Since that teal hardware was freed up seems like a great time to open a new server.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:42 AM
Banned

Most fun I’ve ever had playing eq was the no rule discord server. I’ve said it many times. It would be awesome if something like that could run for a 2 month period, twice a year with major prizes. The only problem was how it eventually degenerated into a hack fest on live. So I would say only rule- no hacking.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No known instances on the 4 years gambling was legal during P99 blue or classic live servers*

There's something that actually makes RMT schemes 100x easier than laundering plat in highly visible trades with an advertised max bet amount and /randoms that can be monitored by 100 people standing around you.
Probably more likely there were issues with people lying about how much they bet, or when the time came to pay someone would /q.

While these problems may be fixable to some extent I'd imagine the number of petitions made it too much of a headache.
Closed Thread