Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

I got my legacy items on blue 99 and red 99 why won't I get them on green 99? the list function seems even easier now than before in my time..

yall trying to stir the pot
Old 10-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got my legacy items on blue 99 and red 99 why won't I get them on green 99? the list function seems even easier now than before in my time..

yall trying to stir the pot
You have been slain.
LOADING PLEASE WAIT....
You have 10 minutes to get back in range of the list camp.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Kobold

If someone is dedicated enough, they'll get it. Moist people won't camp that long or have the BURNING DESIRE required. I have other responsibilities. One cool thing about EQ is that some stuff IS special and not everyone has it.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

I think it is grossly over estimated the number of players who give two shits about having a guise or manastone. There should be plenty for your 3rd and 4th chars.

I'd take a manastone just to sell it down the road. They dont make the game more fun, and I wont sink too much time in attempting to acquire one.

I totally get those of you vocal min/maxers or artifact collectors. You feel rewarded seeking these items. Most of us play differently from you.
Last edited by Meiva; 10-29-2019 at 11:17 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Banned

That mana stone camp is going to be wild. It's going to be like Drusella post Chardok x10. Wait till you have these guys obsessively leveling up to get it first and a lot of them will get "trained" mysteriously at camp after they wait 12 hours to get it. And you might get staff help with the situation and you might not. You'll roll the dice.

My guess is staff will need a GM camping out the mana stone camp as well or there's going to be a lot of hurt feelings.
Last edited by Teppler; 10-29-2019 at 11:21 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

I'm actually using some of this anecdotal information in my "Introduction to Psychology" unit in AP Psychology and AP Literature. We each have "personal interest" foci, and this, of course, is mine. My students focus on, of course, MineCraft, new vaping laws, etc.

18-year-olds find our pixel obsession absolutely fascinating. Especially under the fact that this is a free-to-play (optional to donate), illegal to download, simulated environment.

Lets hope in 3 years that some of them will be out in the field ready to service (y)our therapeutic needs. Everyone is effing nuts, at the end of the day. One man's impeachment obsession, is another man's fear of immigration, is another man's ManaGuise.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 10-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Kobold

It's bugs me that people use the term "pixels" in this context. 1s and 0s is more accurate. All the 3d stuff is made from polygons. The items in slot are represented by sprites that are made up of pixels, but I wouldn't describe it that way. This community seems to like using "pixels." I don't know why this brings out my inner pedant. I have a problem... Just don't tell me how you pronounce gif.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwen42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's bugs me that people use the term "pixels" in this context. 1s and 0s is more accurate. All the 3d stuff is made from polygons. The items in slot are represented by sprites that are made up of pixels, but I wouldn't describe it that way. This community seems to like using "pixels." I don't know why this brings out my inner pedant. I have a problem... Just don't tell me how you pronounce gif.
Bruh, pixel lust be real.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwen42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm under the assumption that 'pixel' refers more to the pixels factored into screen resolution, not in the act of coding. Isn't that more accurate?

I'm not a software/hardware guy.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 10-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm actually using some of this anecdotal information in my "Introduction to Psychology" unit in AP Psychology and AP Literature. We each have "personal interest" foci, and this, of course, is mine. My students focus on, of course, MineCraft, new vaping laws, etc.

18-year-olds find our pixel obsession absolutely fascinating. Especially under the fact that this is a free-to-play (optional to donate), illegal to download, simulated environment.

Lets hope in 3 years that some of them will be out in the field ready to service (y)our therapeutic needs. Everyone is effing nuts, at the end of the day. One man's impeachment obsession, is another man's fear of immigration, is another man's ManaGuise.
Try taking an anthropology class. Everyone's behavior is equally ridiculous. Take the behavior of going out to the pub. You're paying money to be in a room that's too loud, smells bad in and too cramped a lot of cases and you're overpaying to poison yourself and destroy your health. Is that really more sane than freaking out about pixel world?
Closed Thread