Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If mage epic still hits for 81 then it's literally OP considering it's supposed to hit for like 67 and was upgraded later because mages don't get a pet in luclin.
Then post your sources in a thread? You can be one of the rare few arguing for actual classic mechanics vs what is good for them. Uncle Nilbog wants YOU!

I'm out of this thread good luck OP
Old 04-24-2020, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

I remember the Pegasus Feather Cloak being the biggest bottleneck for this quest on live.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Mage Epic pet is far from OP. It is great for low level encounters like killing in droga, etc, but the pet gets absolutely shredded and gets hit for max most times.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

I have both mage and cleric epics so I suppose it makes me qualified to compare them.

Mage epic allows to summon infinite amounts of disposable tanks with 4k hp that quad for 81, nuke and stun, and regen 5% of their HP / tick out of combat. That's 200 hp / tick regeneration rate. (Torpor is 300 / tick as a comparison).

Cleric epic allows to save mana on a spell the cleric can already cast.

One of these two epics is very powerful and game changing (and shall remain rare), while the other is not. Figuring out which is which is left as an exercice to the reader.
Last edited by Izmael; 04-25-2020 at 05:39 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 07:14 AM
Skeleton

For grouping/solo level content the mage epic is a game changer, but not any more so than torpor, enchanter charm, or the bard epic. Then when it comes to raiding the cleric epic is the single most OP item in the game, especially with the recent clicky nerf, and the mage epic ranges from moderately additive to completely useless, so it does seem odd for you to keep harping on how OP it is compared to some of the other items that are out there.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Then post your sources in a thread?
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...98885107780693

the pet Quad hits for 67, casts nukes, stuns, bashes, kicks and has 3k HP

Epic hitting for 81 is especially OP in kunark.

Mages don't get a pet in velious or luclin. It was upgraded atleast once, possibly more. PoP pets have basically the same stats just lower level. Epic was best dps in pop when the proc landed. Proc goes off way too infrequently here.
Last edited by Ligma; 04-25-2020 at 08:44 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 08:51 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...98885107780693

the pet Quad hits for 67, casts nukes, stuns, bashes, kicks and has 3k HP

Epic hitting for 81 is especially OP in kunark.

Mages don't get a pet in velious or luclin. It was upgraded atleast once, possibly more. PoP pets have basically the same stats just lower level. Epic was best dps in pop when the proc landed. Proc goes off way too infrequently here.
Start a bug thread? That source also says the pet has 3.8k hp...
Old 04-25-2020, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have both mage and cleric epics so I suppose it makes me qualified to compare them.
This is the classic argument of people who have already obtained an item that is difficult. I got mine, and it should be difficult to obtain for you. Back in the day, it was the wizard epic that I heard should remain difficult because it allowed wizards with Manna Robes / Manastones / Mod Rods to regain mana faster using an unlimited rune to regain mana which was useful for raid content where wizard nukes landed better. /shrug

I did not create the bug thread to compare the size of our epics ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However classic the argument is, it does not dispute the evidence that the the drop rate today is not classic for the era. Sony, made adjustments to address drop rates in era, and those drop rates should be mirrored on P99 to be a classic server.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got mine, and it should be difficult to obtain for you.
In this particular case, this is incorrect. My mage epic is on Red. It wasn't hard to obtain at all, I haven't played the character in many years and basically don't give a rat's ass about it.

I also don't care very much about mages in general. I do, however, care about the integrity of P99 - and having hordes of epic mages running around is NOT good for the server's integrity.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:27 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroctagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start a bug thread? That source also says the pet has 3.8k hp...
One had already been made with definitive proof:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=298463
Closed Thread