Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Default Suggestions for new computer

Need some advice my friends and allies. Looking for a very cheap desktop computer (no screen just the pc), less than $300. Doesn't need to do anything fancy and only old games will be played. The cheaper the better for the most part.

Suggestions? Cheaper to buy parts or cheaper to buy the whole pc? Any links to good buys would be nice... thanks.

-Your brother,
Nalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

compusa/tiger direct builds amazing custom PCs for about 500 bucks, could probably have them trim it to 300.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Fire Giant

slickdeals.net
Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Build your own. Go to your local comp usa and do a little research about building a pc. You can prolly swing everything for just under $300 (That may even include windows and an antivirus software). I built a sick gaming pc for only $600.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

i agree fry's if u got one near you if not newegg ..just peice it together you can prolly get some nice deals

PS if you live in the states or can wait ...wait for the day after thanksgiving day sale thingy...or the next day after that its like the black friday of electronics ..you can get stuff really cheap that day if you research a bit
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
newegg
If you can wait a little while check the shell shockers every single day and piece it together that way. You can get some INCREDIBLE deals on GREAT pieces of equipment if you can just be patient. Also Newegg has some good barebone system deals.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

newegg will have the best prices 98% of the time, and the best selection 110% of the time. Forget retail stores imo they suck big ballz.

They also have pre-builds, in fact I saw one the other day for $280.

I'd suggest to build your own if you can, 1) it's way more fun, 2) you know the type and quality of each part you're getting. Pre built computers you will almost always be getting a shitty case, shitty psu, and shitty motherboard, and shitty ram. They reel people in because they flash the newer cpu's and vid cards but skimp on all the other parts which are just as important.

Above poster mentioned the shell shockers, I couldn't agree more. Check those every single day you will be blown away by the prices, and almost always free shipping which even though it says 4-7 business days almost always arrives within 2-3, sometimes even next day.

I just bought 8 gb Gskill ripjaw x's 1600 for 49.99 on a shell shocker 2 friday's ago, you just can't beat that.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
newegg will have the best prices 98% of the time, and the best selection 110% of the time. Forget retail stores imo they suck big ballz.

They also have pre-builds, in fact I saw one the other day for $280.

I'd suggest to build your own if you can, 1) it's way more fun, 2) you know the type and quality of each part you're getting. Pre built computers you will almost always be getting a shitty case, shitty psu, and shitty motherboard, and shitty ram. They reel people in because they flash the newer cpu's and vid cards but skimp on all the other parts which are just as important.

Above poster mentioned the shell shockers, I couldn't agree more. Check those every single day you will be blown away by the prices, and almost always free shipping which even though it says 4-7 business days almost always arrives within 2-3, sometimes even next day.

I just bought 8 gb Gskill ripjaw x's 1600 for 49.99 on a shell shocker 2 friday's ago, you just can't beat that.
wrong and right. I can get prices that match or beat newegg at compusa because their a store front for tiger direct which is equivalent online pricing to newegg.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

apple.com/store
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
apple.com/store
Closed Thread