Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

A remote control helicopter and bluetooth head set. Gonna get a wireless camera for the copter and get some aerial shots.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

1/8th of a steer. Local, grass fed beef. Storing it at the folks bc it is a lot more meat than i can fit in the freezer. Can't imagine how much meat is on a full steer.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manticmuse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1/8th of a steer. Local, grass fed beef. Storing it at the folks bc it is a lot more meat than i can fit in the freezer. Can't imagine how much meat is on a full steer.
You are looking at 450 to 500 pounds of dressed meat. You would need one hell of a big freezer for that and would probably die of Heart Disease by then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So you are looking at around 75 pounds of meat for 1/8. You should be paying around 5 bucks total a pound for it or less to make it worth your effort.

You have to figure you have to have a Freezer, and the electricity to run it year around. And you end up throwing X amount of it away to freezer burn etc.. And God help you if your electric goes off for 2 to 3 days. But 75 pounds is not a lot if you have a family with a few teenage boys in it lol.

And if the Steer is meat is tough as nails you are not going to be a happy camper either. I used to raise Steers and some are just more active and more healthy than others. And different Breeds are better, ergo, Black Angus, and blood lines factor into it also. I never let them get to full weight before I slaughtered them for me. The older the tougher, too young not enough meat, unless you are into a shitpot of Veal lol, and damn small roasts and steaks. So most are pretty good, but some not so good. It is sort of a crap shoot.
Last edited by webrunner5; 12-28-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Old 12-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quality beef wouldn't have anything to do with heart disease.....

Don't know if you know this or not but grass fed animals develop very differently than animals fed grains and corn (both of which they are not adapted to eat). Which is why you can eat grass fed cow butter (Kerrygold) and it has tremendous health benefits. As opposed to eating normal butter or, even worse, margarine which both have demonstrable negative impacts on human health. As an additional fun fact, did you know margarine was originally developed as cheap turkey food for large farms? They discontinued its use when it was shown that it was making all the turkeys sick/cancerous. So they switched over and marketed it as a "healthy" alternative to butter. What a joke.
Closed Thread