Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Banned

i used to smoke but i quit

a cigarette for a lot of people, especially working class people, is about the only vacation they have, not everyone gets to go to the Bahamas

its great if you dont smoke but if you want to being mighty and righteous about not smoking and telling everyone else how lame they are - go fuck yourself
Old 12-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Banned

1. nicotine is a fun drug & a huge rush
  2. nicotine is extremely physically addictive
  3. a majority of ppl start at age 12-15
  4. cigarettes permeate the vast majority of alcohol-culture social events; people often start when they are not at their mental peak
  5. cigarette advertisement is legendarily effective

o wait, no you're right it all boils down to how stupid everyone but me is
Old 12-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

working people just want a beer and a smoke to cool off from their day but there will always be tools like harrison and hasbinbad in the world who want to get in their face and go "NO!"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by purest; 12-24-2011 at 09:30 PM..
Old 12-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by purest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i used to smoke but i quit

a cigarette for a lot of people, especially working class people, is about the only vacation they have, not everyone gets to go to the Bahamas

its great if you dont smoke but if you want to being mighty and righteous about not smoking and telling everyone else how lame they are - go fuck yourself
You didn't address my post at all, go talk to Alawen about ad hominens or strawmans or wtf ever you just did to post this dumb post.

The point is, smoking a cig is not a vacation when you first start, it is unpleasant. Therefore people spend effort and work hard at making it something their body craves... so why even do that?

If something unhealthy is initially unpleasant why would someone spend a month of discomfort to make it something that is pleasant? Obviously there is no good answer... they are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

the time I am taking away from my life smoking cigarettes is at least spent outside. wasting 10+ years of your life on a forum/game is about the same, amirite?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

uh yea it is pleasant actually are you fucking stupid?

feels like i'm talking to a 14 year old here
Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is, smoking a cig is not a vacation when you first start, it is unpleasant.

If something unhealthy is initially unpleasant why would someone spend a month of discomfort to make it something that is pleasant? Obviously there is no good answer... they are stupid.
You're basing your entire argument on your opinion that smoking is painful.

I've enjoyed every one of the 20ish cigs and same number of cigars I've smoked in my life. The high is the point, not the minor discomfort caused by having smoke in you. Consider that you may be a fucking pussy.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're basing your entire argument on your opinion that smoking is painful.

I've enjoyed every one of the 20ish cigs and same number of cigars I've smoked in my life. The high is the point, not the minor discomfort caused by having smoke in you. Consider that you may be a fucking pussy.
This, when I started smoking it was not unpleasant for me at all. Now I smoked a menthol cigarette before, I did not care for that so I did not do it ever again.

Sort of like how a bunch of people I know don't drink whiskey because either they say it burns too much for them, or it makes them a very angry drunk. It doesn't do either of those things for me so I like drinking whiskey.

People who bash smokers are just trying to be trendy.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who bash smokers are just trying to be trendy.
ROFLMTAO

you srs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwalike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the time I am taking away from my life smoking cigarettes is at least spent outside. wasting 10+ years of your life on a forum/game is about the same, amirite?
QFT
Closed Thread