Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ehh I think soccer could be great actually if there were a few fundamental changes. The game is a bit slow to me, though very exciting when they get in scoring chance. I think maybe if they decreased the field size a bit and made the goal smaller it would make the game more exciting. Also wtf with soccer offsides. The other problem is that the players are so pathetic diving everywhere. I think a variation of soccer could be the great world sport, I realize it already is, but it could be so much better than it is.
The problem is simple: you have the attention span of a whore in a dick factory.

Honestly though, watching sports just isn't for everyone. Just like computer gaming or midget fisting. Sometimes, people like things you don't, and that's okay, you autistic little scamp, you.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better than baseball for sure, but if you think 250lb men colliding is athletic, well coo i guess... but there are way more physical sports than football (eg hockey), which actually incorporate alot of skill as well.
Hockey is not way more physical than football. Football is as physical as it gets until you get to sports like MMA. Hockey is definitely up there though. There are some really good hits in hockey, but football is two teams crashing into each other every single play, and players constantly get injured. Their brains are rattled so much that the average lifespan of an NFL player is like 50-something years.

Football is physical enough that I don't want my 2 year old nephew playing it. I know what I went through and the head and shoulder injuries I suffered. These days coaches and parents are a lot more aware of head injuries but still, it's a brutal game that can seriously screw you up if not paralyze or kill you. I'd rather him wrestle and do BJJ like I did, where you can satisfy your aggressive urges but not subject yourself to concussions and bone-crunching hits.

Baseball like I said is a lot more fun to play than it is to watch, and it's nowhere near as intellectual as football. Football is incredibly complicated.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Can someone explain why quality is defined by how much running and sweat is involved?
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

professional sports invented by the elite in late 19th/early 20th century to distract the slaves.

why hoop and holler about politics when you can identify with a sports "team" and get release of competitive primal instincts that way?

If we got as riled up about politics as we do sports then maybe we could prevent the scumbags from flushing this country down the toilet
Old 01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Banned

rofl keep sipping on that kool aid
Old 01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

It's documented fact why dont you try a google search sometime instead of regurgitating your ignorant 1 liners
Old 01-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSUM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's documented fact why dont you try a google search sometime instead of regurgitating your ignorant 1 liners
Seriously, keep it up. I'll paypal you your next aluminum foil shipment's costs.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Aviak

I thought the slaves invented kappoueira or w/e to intertain themselves.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Then they pretty much invented rap music, like that tupac shit your boyfriend keeps spamming
Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned

grab ya glocks when ya see tupac
Closed Thread