Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 05-05-2022, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I need to do some tests with various charismas to see how stupid it is to worry about that stat on a cleric.

I didn't try to deep dungeon crawl while depending on lull but I didn't get too many critical resists anyways.

Same question applies to paladin race choice. And even if you choose a dwarf paladin, do you put all points into charisma or do you just ignore it.
Cha is huge for crit lull failures. I think this guy's test mostly match my experience; https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383 he posts some more data within the thread.

On my dwarf with 45 cha I was sometimes feeling like it might be better to root split than to lull split. But with 255 cha on my enchanter it's amazing. My guess is 120 cha is probably plenty for making it a good tool when the cost of a crit is just root parking an extra xp mob, but you want all the cha you can get if the cost of a crit is high.

As far as points though it's less clear to me. There are some big +cha pieces you can swap in and lulling isn't always relevant.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cha is huge for crit lull failures. I think this guy's test mostly match my experience; https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383 he posts some more data within the thread.

On my dwarf with 45 cha I was sometimes feeling like it might be better to root split than to lull split. But with 255 cha on my enchanter it's amazing. My guess is 120 cha is probably plenty for making it a good tool when the cost of a crit is just root parking an extra xp mob, but you want all the cha you can get if the cost of a crit is high.

As far as points though it's less clear to me. There are some big +cha pieces you can swap in and lulling isn't always relevant.
Kobald crown + crude Stein swap in makes a huge difference for calms.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks, yeah.

I think to see the difference between 45cha and say 90cha might be what I'm looking at. Still really low but one is extremely low. And maybe charisma is like agility and if you're 75+ you're in the sweet spot.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

I made a Paineel Erudite for the Spook the Dead and Panic Animal necklaces, and Fear mask. The necklaces got nerfed, so definitely don't make one for those.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human inny clerics can't even buy spells in their own guildhall. They're awesome.
I was under the impression that Neriak was the guild hall, but if you're talking about the secret lair under Freeport, then yeah i guess you have a point.

But yeah, my vote's for inny human, allows you to rp being evil with fewer downsides, and you have access to fun clickies to play around with.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:17 AM
Sarnak

female dorf, bearded
Old 05-27-2022, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandedblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression that Neriak was the guild hall, but if you're talking about the secret lair under Freeport, then yeah i guess you have a point.

But yeah, my vote's for inny human, allows you to rp being evil with fewer downsides, and you have access to fun clickies to play around with.
To use the neriak guild hall, you need to do a run back and forth quest multiple times. Takes a couple hours to max faction.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their hide (spam it) allows them determine if a mob has been affected by Atone. Threatening means failed. Indifferent means success.
Not terribly relevant.

So.cast root. cast atone
1. eemy faces a different direction after atone = hate wiped
2. enemy no longer directly looks at you if you move perpendicular to their vision = hate wiped
3. they get a health tick. you only need to have done the tiniest amount of damage to tell if they get a heal tick since they will gain a large percent or be back to 100% = hate wiped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark Elf clerics are the only ones who get halfling illusion. Though your religion is still evil your illusion can be of a good race. Halfling illusion currently (unless there is a patch) allows you to be gnome size and see through walls like gnomes. (thou humans can get this too)
Everyone can get halfling illusion if they really want it.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

Human get the ‘easy’ halfling illusion mask too if inny, but the duration in the buff is super short. Personally I like using hide to check atone, but it won’t work for everything and other methods are available. Not having to root does help a little bit if you are trying to get a mob to path back home, but it is usually no big deal.

Most of the time for most clerics will be spent casting 1 spell - the fringe advantages of race are minor seeing as many clerics rarely take advantage of their powerful non-heal spells.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-29-2022, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

i don't see how hide is ever partiicularly relevant for atone, even assuming you don't want to use root -- which means you are using a powerful lull, in which case its quite easy to see if atone worked because the mob will stop beating your face in. even worse with hide you have to double check to see if your hide even worked in the first place.

i suppose you could try hiding immediately after atone to avoid having to use lull/root at all but again given hide failure rates/re-use time and atone failure rates and the cast/recast times on atone it's an incredibly bad strategy.