Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asks question
Answers own question
Disagrees with experts
Yup.
I wasn’t expecting people to say static mobs 100% memblur. I’ve had the opposite experience, many times. As have people I’ve played with. And across different camps.

I’m sorry but if you tell me the sky is red and I look up and it’s blue, I’m going to make a comment.

I’m just letting people know. No need to get annoyed.

I don’t think Tolas pet is causing a bug because some times resetting them does memblur. Some times it doesn’t. If the pet was causing the bug I don’t believe it would work at all.

I’ve had many monk partners have to /q out aggro because it’s often so hard for them to lose it on these static spawns. Am I imagining this?
Old 12-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Do you get up as soon as they get at spawn? As a SK I experience the same, near 100% reset when they get back, now a potential difference is that I wait a few seconds more... No idea if that can explain the difference...
Old 12-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

The only concrete example you've provided has been a super edge case. Would not surprise me if any pet that the owner lacked direct control over screwed with the hate list clearing. You can see it on display in skyshrine key click ench's pet in there will not let go of agro.

show me the monks
Old 12-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only concrete example you've provided has been a super edge case. Would not surprise me if any pet that the owner lacked direct control over screwed with the hate list clearing. You can see it on display in skyshrine key click ench's pet in there will not let go of agro.

show me the monks
I’ll ask them to come to in this topic later. Some I’ve worked with recently-

Azaleaus from aftermath
Lennox from paradigm shift
Kautin from Tempest

It happens to me at that jugg camp but it also lines up with experience I have at crypt camp as well. I’ll even try to figure out how to host a video of it later.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

I am not sure why i have this in my Imgur but I do. Merry Christmas

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Unless it’s camp specific, I would agree with the people who say 100% mem blur on static spawns if they return to spawn point and are allowed to reset. That is assuming they are not in the agro range of another agroed mob- for instance, splitting fe’dhars in SS. 3 within range, darkness one, they all come, then you FD. Darked one stays still and two others return to spawn point. You then stand and darked one starts walking toward you again (cause dot’d). The other two might re-agro though if either are still close enough to dot’d one to chain agro. You again have to fd and let non-dot’d return to spawn to reset. Once they do though and dot’d one walks far enough to avoid chaining them, 100% of the time they mem wipe and stay split.

Literally done that very same thing hundreds of times and never had a blur fail. Unless there are camps that work differently, that is definitely my experience on spell fd (necro). Identical experience on every camp I’ve tried, although that’s obviously not everywhere. In my experience if you’re getting re-agro, you’re chaining somehow with a pather or something.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Some advanced FD techniques if you ever want to give it a shot.

You want to pull mob X out of a group of whatever. Aggro the merbs, let them get a bit away from their spawn point and flop. Wait for them to start pathing back to their spawn and when one of the mobs has hit it's spawn point but the others haven't stand back up. Let them run at you again and flop.

The mob that hit it's spawn point will have a new delay in walking back, while the others will path back immediately.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some advanced FD techniques if you ever want to give it a shot.

You want to pull mob X out of a group of whatever. Aggro the merbs, let them get a bit away from their spawn point and flop. Wait for them to start pathing back to their spawn and when one of the mobs has hit it's spawn point but the others haven't stand back up. Let them run at you again and flop.

The mob that hit it's spawn point will have a new delay in walking back, while the others will path back immediately.
We also utilize root nets with feign death.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless it’s camp specific, I would agree with the people who say 100% mem blur on static spawns if they return to spawn point and are allowed to reset. That is assuming they are not in the agro range of another agroed mob- for instance, splitting fe’dhars in SS. 3 within range, darkness one, they all come, then you FD. Darked one stays still and two others return to spawn point. You then stand and darked one starts walking toward you again (cause dot’d). The other two might re-agro though if either are still close enough to dot’d one to chain agro. You again have to fd and let non-dot’d return to spawn to reset. Once they do though and dot’d one walks far enough to avoid chaining them, 100% of the time they mem wipe and stay split.

Literally done that very same thing hundreds of times and never had a blur fail. Unless there are camps that work differently, that is definitely my experience on spell fd (necro). Identical experience on every camp I’ve tried, although that’s obviously not everywhere. In my experience if you’re getting re-agro, you’re chaining somehow with a pather or something.
What level are the mobs you’re referring too? I’ve had almost 100% success with mobs under level 50 and more problems blurring with mobs when they reach mid to upper 50s and 60. This might be where the difference in experiences is stemming from.

I’d like to hear from some monks that frequently do king camp. I would expect, due to the level of mobs, they might have a similar experience to me.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

It may be to do with when a mob hits its spawn point and starts chain casting spells/buffs it won't mem blur properly...

I may have seen something similar to what you are mentioning at Juggs too.
Closed Thread