Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Mage issue: Sol Ro focus effects exactly the same as Staff of Elemental Mastery: x

Updated OP with more specific info

After chatting with Xzerion about this issue he asked me to make a post about it with the data I have collected.

Currently the focus effects on the Sol Ro focus items are exactly the same as the focus effect on my Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth/Fire/Water.

For my testing I have used the level 49 water pet spell because from what I can see it shows the largest difference between unfocused and focused.

Unfocused:

I summon pets between level 39-43. They proc for a maximum of their level +1, so I can summon pets which proc between 40 and 44. They hit for a maximum of 56 and all dual wield without holding weapons.

Summoning pets with the Stein of Ulissa:

I summon pets between level 40-44. They proc for a maximum of their level + 1 each - a level 40 pet procs for 41, 41 procs for 42 - except for the level 44 pet, which procs for a maximum of 108. They all hit for a maximum of 61 and all dual wield without holding weapons.

Summoning pets with the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water:

I summon pets between level 40-44. They proc for a maximum of their level + 1 each - a level 40 pet procs for 41, 41 procs for 42 - except for the level 44 pet, which procs for a maximum of 108. They all hit for a maximum of 61 and all dual wield without holding weapons.

I am in the process of doing DPS testing between pets summoned with Sol Ro Focus, Raid Focus, and unfocused, but I'm not satisfied enough with my sample size to put full confidence in these numbers:

Sol Ro focus: After 47 fights using the Sol Ro focus item to summon a level 44 water pet proccing for 108 (using the 49 spell ofc) fighting mobs in Plane of Hate ranging from level 48-51: 33.7dps excluding procs.

Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water: After 62 fights using the water staff to summon a level 44 water pet proccing for 108 (49 spell) fighting mobs in the plane of hate ranging from level 48-51: 31.4dps excluding procs.

The differences in DPS here are incredibly minute and I would chalk them up to variance and/or the sol ro pet happening to attack from behind more often across that sample.

The best classic info as far as I know
http://www.xalmat.com/eqsummoners.co...ry.html#petexp
The specific pages for each type of pet have tables of their basic stats at different levels and at level 49 with the different focus items.
Last edited by yaaaflow; 03-07-2010 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: fixing a few typos
Old 02-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

http://www.eqmages.com/index2.php?page=lowfocus

This page lists the Sol Ro focus items as only working on pets between levels 4-44.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

I was told that the raid focus items boost your pet 2 levels. [Confirm] [Deny]
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.eqmages.com/index2.php?page=lowfocus

This page lists the Sol Ro focus items as only working on pets between levels 4-44.
The links to the lucydb on that site say level 49. I think one is talking about pet level and the other is talking about spell level.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4398
Old 02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

http://magecompendium.com/pets-focus-items-library.html

This site lists the Sol Ro focus items as working on up to level 49 pet spells, but it lists different effects for the Sol Ro quests vs the raid loots as follows:

Quote:
Torch of Alna (Minion of Fire)
Effect: Increases the Fire pet's overall characteristics to match an unfocused Air, including HP.

Shovel of Ponz (Minion of Earth)
Effect: Increases the Earth pet's overall characteristics. However it does not increase HP.

Broom of Trilon (Minion of Air)
Effect: Increases the Air pet's overall characteristics to match an unfocused Water, including HP.

Stein of Ulissa (Minion of Water)
Effect: Increases the Water pet's overall characteristics to match an unfocused Earth, including HP.

There are 4 Major focus items: Focus level 49 to 60 pets.
They all increase their corresponding pet's level by 1 and increases the pet's HP, and increases the melee attack by 2.

The effects on both sol ro focus items and raid staffs seem to be a combo of the two at this time.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

I know raid focus items work lvls 49 - 60, Sol ro only lvls 4-49.

That is all I know for sure. 8(
Old 02-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

The raid staff's are not suppose to be better then the Sol Ro, the only advantage to having them now is because they're used in Mage Epic.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

So the drop I got off of Innoruuk is supposed to be completely useless for me until Kunark comes out? Keep in mind that the staffs of elemental mastery were in the game well before Kunark. On top of that, the information found on the internet is contrary to what you are saying. Do you have any sources to backup the focus effects being the same at this point im time?

edit: not to mention the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Fire which is not used as part of the mage epic quest, and is therefore entirely useless until kunark provided sol ro focus items are supposed to be equal to raid focus items.
Last edited by yaaaflow; 02-23-2010 at 01:45 AM..
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

http://web.archive.org/web/200104140...ocus_Items.htm

This page references the Staffs of Elemental Mastery being more powerful than their Sol ro quest equivalents, but does not give any specifics.