Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our education is bad but culture is far more than that

Same with obesity. Cultural changes could in fact help quite a lot with obesity, but not solve or remove it
Well on that at least we agree!
Old 04-28-2022, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it’s obviously just my opinion snowflake
2015 called, it wants it’s tired, overused catchphrases back

So we can both agree that culture is much more than trans men crushing women’s sports, and disagree on the influence politics plays on it

I’m ok with that
Old 04-28-2022, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

The idea of a culture war is used to animate you and others to ignore the very real and bad things republicans are doing across the country. What is amazing to me is how easily I can afford a new house or car or flight, but what do you get from kowtowing to oligarchs? I really and truly don’t understand what the current Republican Party represents for you. What “National culture” objectives are they moving forward for you?

I’m seriously asking, because I don’t get it at all
Old 04-28-2022, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a person finds out their child in utero has an incurable illness and will die, suffering, in a hospital, is abortion permissible? Are there any exceptions for this in the many state laws being passed around the country right now?

Asking as an informed citizen who doesn’t take political opinions directly from the pulpit
No one who supports the blanket abortion bans answered this. How can you compel a child to suffer? And yes, it happens. Why is it your decision and not that of the parents ?
Old 04-28-2022, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, great, you are once again doing the lefty thing which is highlighting the incredibly rare, most morally egregious example of something, just like you always do with abortion. "What if a woman got RAPED!", it's like yeah well, that's a tiny tiny minorty of abortions, so let's grant that! Full abortions for rape victims, so now with that out of the way, do you support banning the rest of the abortions, that are almost always for personal convenience on the part of both the mother and the dude who knocked her up? No? Still not willing to condemn those?

Imagine a drone blows up your wedding *on purpose*, specifically because it *IS A WEDDING*, and they want to inflict the maximum amount of emotional pain and suffering as the TOP PRIORITY. Israel is not doing this, and if they ever do, I would gladly condemn it.
Ooloo does the righty thing where he deliberately misses the larger point and then argues against a detail in a vain effort to steer the conversation away from his glaring hypocrisy.

While I do condemn Israeli and their apartheid policies, and support freedom for Palestinians, I've never been there and will never go there. That was your highly selective example, not mine.

But I criticize America, thoroughly, and American status quo "morals" being meaningless

American policies create a lot of dead babies for a lot of bad reasons, whether it's bombs or commerce or soldiers or school shooters

So, yeah, you don't actually care about dead babies or you'd be explicity critical of the US military and US foreign policy, as well as standard business practices of American companies. You just want the "correct" babies to die because that preserves your personal place near the top of the hierarchy.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
The idea of a culture war is used to animate you and others to ignore the very real and bad things republicans are doing across the country
Those evil, evil republicans. Does claiming to be some form of conservative to attempt to cushion future stated biases tend to work?

I’m biased too, but I’m out with it. Embrace it

Quote:
What is amazing to me is how easily I can afford a new house or car or flight, but what do you get from kowtowing to oligarchs? I really and truly don’t understand what the current Republican Party represents for you. What “National culture” objectives are they moving forward for you?

I’m seriously asking, because I don’t get it at all
Economy is bad now due to inflation I agree

I would like a return to an emphasis on traditionalism, marriage, the family unit, faith, personal responsibility, those sorts things

I really can’t expand much bc I’m at work and have to go :/
Old 04-28-2022, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve voted overwhelmingly Republican at the national level and near 100% of the time at the state level. Texas Dems have never had any appeal

I am a conservative for most of America’s history. I didn’t change, and imposing those “values” on people is unconstitutional. Obviously self reliance is a virtue. Why then are Republican states more obese? Is taking Medicaid for insulin not welfare? As I said initially, there are blinders on

And you still won’t answer the abortion question which is a very real and actionable result of the Republican “culture war”
Old 04-28-2022, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
I’ve voted overwhelmingly Republican at the national level and near 100% of the time at the state level. Texas Dems have never had any appeal

I am a conservative for most of America’s history. I didn’t change, and imposing those “values” on people is unconstitutional. Obviously self reliance is a virtue. Why then are Republican states more obese? Is taking Medicaid for insulin not welfare? As I said initially, there are blinders on

And you still won’t answer the abortion question which is a very real and actionable result of the Republican “culture war”
Culture doesn’t impose anything on anyone. How would it do that? I hold them down and force them to get married to be able to leave the room? I say in order to graduate from this college you have to become a Christian? Culture is more like a series of suggestions than an imposition

I’m pro-choice but based on circumstance. I think having an abortion for the sake of your career, or having a late-term one, is sick. Should it be illegal? Well yea very late-term ones I do think should be. Before a certain time I’m more pro-choice
Old 04-28-2022, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, great, you are once again doing the lefty thing which is highlighting the incredibly rare, most morally egregious example of something, just like you always do with abortion. "What if a woman got RAPED!", it's like yeah well, that's a tiny tiny minorty of abortions, so let's grant that! Full abortions for rape victims, so now with that out of the way, do you support banning the rest of the abortions, that are almost always for personal convenience on the part of both the mother and the dude who knocked her up? No? Still not willing to condemn those?

Imagine a drone blows up your wedding *on purpose*, specifically because it *IS A WEDDING*, and they want to inflict the maximum amount of emotional pain and suffering as the TOP PRIORITY. Israel is not doing this, and if they ever do, I would gladly condemn it.
Doesn’t matter. The constitution confirms the right of the individual against the many. One example is sufficient if you are violating the principles undergirding the foundation of the Republic

Tyranny of the majority is still tyranny
Old 04-28-2022, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
No one who supports the blanket abortion bans answered this. How can you compel a child to suffer? And yes, it happens. Why is it your decision and not that of the parents ?
These right-wing fellas here tend to fall apart when you actually get them mad enough to talk about their ideology, or sealion them or whatever

Some of them might actually claim to be libertarians, which is hilarious, given the point you're trying to get them to see here
Closed Thread