Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Most efficient bind spot for exp 55+

For a character *with* the ability to Gate (I'm a 55 shammy), I've been wondering where the ideal bind spot is for leveling.

My current thought is Sebilis Ent. Why? Seb is the most annoying to get to of all the popular high-end PuG dungeons -- HS you can hammer, Velks you can Thurg Gate, KC you can run direct from DL spires. The only downside to binding at Seb is it might be tough to get a quick port out for raids... but there seem to be enough people in Seb that getting a port isn't impossible. Or worst case just hammer and get a ride from HH.

For a while I was bound in WC, which was convenient in some respects, but it was hard to muster the will to get a port and run over to Seb just to find a PuG. If I was just bound in Seb, I think I'd group more often.

I welcome all thoughts to the contrary!
Old 09-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

West Commonlands

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-30-2018 at 12:22 PM..
Old 09-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Seb's great, but I think it has a ton to do with your playstyle. If you group either outside Seb or outside KC are both probably good; HS and Velks its much harder to find a consistent group.

If soloing though I'd recommend Howling Stones instead. Yes you can hammer to it, but then when you die you have a heck of a CR, so binding outside is almost necessary. And both entrance and basement should be doable (and good XP) for your level.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

oasis for firepots can get pretty much anywhere quick
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If soloing though I'd recommend Howling Stones instead. Yes you can hammer to it, but then when you die you have a heck of a CR, so binding outside is almost necessary.
1. Hammer to OT
2. Bank Hammer
3. If death, get hammer from bank.
4. Go to step 1.

Last edited by Baler; 09-30-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 09-30-2018, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

The roof of the Arena in CoM is my favorite for my shaman.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

IMO outside Seb is pretty good. If you can't find a Seb group then you can run to COM and solo there.

Wait till 60 to bind outside TOV or whatever your guild targets. A shaman isn't that powerful for raiding until 60
Old 09-30-2018, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Hammer to OT
2. Bank Hammer
3. If death, get hammer from bank.
4. Go to step 1.

Well, that won't work very well if you're bound outside Seb, but if you're bound anywhere near a city that's a great suggestion.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

PRO:
WC is the superior bind location.
Always porters coming through if you need a CR. Can pop over to EC if WC is dry.
Food/Drink in zone. Banks in both directions.
Buffs from higher level players.

Con:
Why would anyone want to bind at a stinky sink hole. (seb ent tt)
That has no common porters. No food/drink. No Bank. Half reliable buffs from others.

2 cents:
Boggles the mind why people would put themselves in these situations. As if dieing and being sent to WC is worse than TT.
Just don't die & if you do, just get a CR port. Easy as that. too lazy to run from EJ to Seb?!
Plus if you want to go somewhere to group with people you can gate to WC and get a port to anywhere else.
The benefits of WC are superior.

The only ways binding at any other location is good.
You die a lot.
You're anti social.
You're too lazy to run from the nearest ring/spire after a CR.
You somehow think limiting your resources is beneficial.

--Please note I am directly comparing WC to Sebilis Entrance
There are valid other locations to bind for other purposes, like PoM or firepots pre-nerf--
Last edited by Baler; 09-30-2018 at 01:28 PM..
Old 09-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a character *with* the ability to Gate (I'm a 55 shammy), I've been wondering where the ideal bind spot is for leveling.

My current thought is Sebilis Ent. Why? Seb is the most annoying to get to of all the popular high-end PuG dungeons -- HS you can hammer, Velks you can Thurg Gate, KC you can run direct from DL spires. The only downside to binding at Seb is it might be tough to get a quick port out for raids... but there seem to be enough people in Seb that getting a port isn't impossible. Or worst case just hammer and get a ride from HH.

For a while I was bound in WC, which was convenient in some respects, but it was hard to muster the will to get a port and run over to Seb just to find a PuG. If I was just bound in Seb, I think I'd group more often.

I welcome all thoughts to the contrary!

POM
Closed Thread