Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharptooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zerker is my fav class , I know savages do more dmg but their animation is terrible when swinging and I cant bring myself to make one

XP Is terrible I want an alt, I went rune because I knew I could get in mod groups and I also found spots people aoe'd and leeched the shit out of their pulls
Yeah, I agree. Savages do look like they need to take a dump when in combat.

But holy shit, they tear things up. If you like Berserkers, you need to at least try Savage.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:41 PM
Banned

I invested my leveling money into maxing out Salvaging.

I spend like 20 minutes farming level 50 mobs on my Berserker, salvage all the weapons and armor. Turn it all into hinges and sell them all.

I can make like a platinum in a half hour or so.

That's on a Berserker too, imagine what you could do with a Bonedancer.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Banned

List of non-stupid classes?
Old 02-21-2019, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry about that -- just play what you enjoy. It's an ancient game. You start your toon and are automatically enrolled in a Starter Guild. Ask questions, people will gladly answer.

Archers aren't gonna be great, but you can play em. Bard classes seem pretty popular. Casters more so than melee.

Guarantee you'll find something you enjoy. Just try em out. The claseses are awesome in DAoC and the melee combinations/positioning make EQ melee looking boring AF.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hibernia

Animist: A very unique class. You summon little stationary pets that last a minute that act as turret guns. Excellent at PVE and castle defense in RVR.

Bard: "musical" class. Think Bard from Everquest, but with healing abilities. Crucial for PVE and RVR.

Blademaster: Dual-wielding melee DPS class. Has a special ability called "Triple Wield" which increases damage temporarily. Usually the Main Assist in RVR groups.

Champion: a melee DPS class that specializes in debuffing. Can absolutely cripple stats, but harder to find RVR groups. Mostly solos in RVR.

Druid: the main healer. Gets a pet, heals, buffs. Pretty standard healer. Needed in PVE and RVR.

Eldritch: main magical damage dealer. Gets bolts, which are massive damaging spells. You can kill some people in two hits. Also gets a 9 second stun for extra fun.

Enchanter: standard pet class. Very good at PVE. Gets PBAOE spells that wreck mobs.

Hero: standard defensive tank. Also gets "Celtic Spear", which is a badass two hander weapon. Can shapeshift into a moose to increase health.

Mentalist:
DoTs and HoTs. Interesting class, but DoTs aren't used in RVR as they break CC. But like an Eldritch if specced differently. Also gets the "Clarity" of DAOC, so they're loved in groups.

Nightshade: Assassin class. With spell casting. Like a normal rogue, but they can cast a couple of spells. Solo RVR

Ranger: Archer class. They get self buffs, which are nice. Can also dual wield. Solo RVR

Valewalker: Monk class. You wear caster robes and carry a huge scythe, with self buffs and nukes as well. Hybrid melee, magic DPS. Solo RVR

Warden: An interesting hybrid melee class. Can be a healer or a buff/warrior type. Sort of like a Paladin.

Albion

Armsman: plate wearing main tank. Also gets access to Polearm and Crossbow for DPS when needed. Needed in both PVE and RVR.

Cabalist: standard pet class. Very good at PVE. Gets DoTs that wreck mobs. Also has a focus buff that turns your pet into a beast that kils everything, but you can't move or else it cancels. Needed in PVE/RVR

Cleric: the main healer. Heals, buffs, and casts lightning bolts (smiting). Needed in PVE and RVR.

Friar: Monk class. Uses a Staff to beat shit up. Excellent soloer in PVE. Melee DPS or heals.

Infiltrator: Assassin class. Gets more skill points than other assassin classes. Solo RVR.

Mercenary: Dual-wielding melee DPS class. Has a special ability called "Dirty Tricks" which makes enemy attacks miss you temporarily. Usually the Main Assist in RVR groups.

Minstrel:
"musical" class. Absolutely OP in RVR. Can't heal like Bard, but much more diverse.

Necromancer: Unique class where you play through your pet and you're invincible until your pet dies. Very good PVE soloer. Not useful in RVR, unfortunately.

Paladin: Gets "Chants" which are temporary buffs but people twist them like a Bard. Wears Plate. Very good at PVE solo/group. Rarely used in RVR though.

Reaver: Kind of like Shadowknights. More DPS focused though. Gets flail weapons and great RVR soloers. Can stun people and then hit them in the back, pretty much gameover if they stun you.

Scout: Archer class. No self-buffs like other archers. But gets shield skills and can stun. Bow slightly out damages and longer range than other archers.

Sorcerer: Think Enchanter from EQ, but with way more DPS. OP RVR class. Can kill entire groups by himself if skilled.

Theurgist: Pet class but with a twist. Fire and forget pets. Great for interrupting casting. Excellent at solo PVE and great for groups in RVR.

Wizard:
the uber magic DPS class. Gets bolts which can two shot people. Also gets PBAOE spells, which PVE groups love. Not as good in RVR, but not gimped.

Midgard

Berserker: Dual-wielding melee DPS class. Has a special ability called "Berserk" which makes every melee attack a critical temporarily. Usually the Main Assist in RVR groups.

Bonedancer: Unique pet class. Can summon like 5 pets at once and can mix and match, spell caster, archer, healing pets, etc. Very good PVE soloer.

Healer: the main healer. Also gets really good CC and a nice Haste buff. Needed in PVE and RVR.

Hunter: Archer class. Gets a pet dog! And self buffs. Uses 2 handed spear for melee as well.

Runemaster: the uber magic DPS class. Gets bolts which can two shot people. Also gets running speed buff. Cool AOE spell effects.

Savage: Monk class. Fights with...sharpened buck antlers? I think. Can quad-hit and gets 15 second self buffs that need refreshing (annoying), but absolutely wrecks in PVE and RVR.

Shadowblade: Assassin class. Can use a two handed weapon to backstab people with. Solo RVR

Shaman: Main buffing class. Can also heal. Very good solo PVE. RVR groups want buffs though, so that can be boring. Amazing kiter though.

Skald: Musical class. Think Bard, but without instruments. Excellent soloer in RVR, but groups want you too. Very popular class.

Spiritmaster: standard pet class. Very good at PVE. Gets PBAOE spells that wreck mobs.

Thane: Hybrid class. Shield warrior, but with self buffs and lighting bolt attacks.

Warrior: Defensive tank. Absolute beast. Stuns with shield, switches to two hander and wrecks people.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:40 PM
Banned

Nice I might check it out. Can you box?
Old 02-21-2019, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nice I might check it out. Can you box?
Nah, it's like P99 in that regard.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:12 PM
Banned

How does RVR work? You level through it?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does RVR work? You level through it?
You can, but it's much slower than standard PVE leveling.

DAOC has a system of "Realm Ranks", which is like EQ's version of AAs. You can purchase different abilities/skill points/Crit chance/etc the more you level up in PVP/RVR.

Each realm (team) has a series of frontier zones where PVP is enabled. There are Outpost keeps and Relic keeps in these zones.

The idea is to try to take as many of these keeps as possible. Keeps are defended by AI guards, castle doors, and a hard raid-type "boss" inside the keep. Once you kill the boss, your realm captures the keep.

If your realm holds the most keeps, they gain access to a special dungeon that anyone from 10-50 can access. There are nice drops here and every mob drops currency that you can use to purchase nice gear.

If another realm captures more keeps while you're in the dungeon, they can gain access and come in and kill you.

The major keeps (relic keeps) for each realm are the hardest to take and they're deep inside each realm's frontier. If you can take an enemy realm's relics, it boosts exp/gold/stats for everyone in your realm.

It's a pretty fun system.

Then there's the "Realm Tasks", which are "hot spots" for PVP action. The task tells you to go to a certain frontier or keep and you get bonus points for participating. It's a great tool for lower level players too, because even if you get killed you get credit. So you could be level 1 and do those tasks and get Realm Rank 10 or whatever and just become an absolute beast for a level 1.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Banned

That sounds really fun. Would you roll a character to play with me? And teach me how to play? I don't have the patience to git gud on my own. I want to play a Healer, I think (I like the sound of healz + CC)
Closed Thread