Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it means anything, 3/4 of my 60s dinged 60 in HS west wing
I have yet to see Howling Stones, methinks I need to change that.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So like theres tons of places in your level range with hundreds! of mobs up 24/7. Use some creativity!
I will probably get flamed for this. But here is the creative solution I came up with which has worked very well.

I go to KC and lfg on the cleric. If I get a group GREAT. If not I run to BW where I then park the cleric in a safe spot. I then log the Druid in who has PotG on and is in wolf form that has +2 mana regen. I then track a blue mob and pull it to the safe spot. I stack druids epic dot with winged death and root/rot the mob to 0-2% health. With the mob rooted, snared and almost dead I log out and bring the cleric in. As quick as I can manage I target and root the mob with the cleric to stop it's health regeneration that began the moment the druid left. By the time I get the root on the mob is usually between 16-25% health. 2 nukes and it's down with the cleric getting full XP.

The druids mana always stays FM so I never have to med him. The cleric uses 600 mana per mob so after 5 mobs I need to take a full med break on the cleric. At this point I will gate to KC and sit at the ZL medding up. While I am medding I do /ooc 59 cleric lfg. If I find a group before I get FM then I head to the camp and have some group fun. If not then I run back to BW and rince and repeat.

It's not 2 boxing. It's not power leveling. IMO it's using tools at hand to maximize mobs killed per hour for the cleric. And I think it's pretty creative.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was like 40 ppl in Unrest the other night lol.

But yeah, this population boom is great, seems more classic. On live, camps seemed much smaller. People were perfectly content with killing several mobs and then having a few minutes of downtime before respawns. Here, the standard always seems to have been that if you aren’t killing non stop then exp is slow.
I distinctly remember camping one Aviak in his tower in Lake Rathe on my level 14 druid. if you tried to camp both Aviak towers you were considered greedy. Hell, sometimes there were even 2-3 people sharing one Aviak spawn. Live was rough. I never was able to make it through the level grind back then.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I distinctly remember camping one Aviak in his tower in Lake Rathe on my level 14 druid. if you tried to camp both Aviak towers you were considered greedy. Hell, sometimes there were even 2-3 people sharing one Aviak spawn. Live was rough. I never was able to make it through the level grind back then.
On fennin ro in 2000 it was a different scene. There were 4 aviak camps that were generally respected. The tower with three of em. Arena ent. Those islands, and the inlet. No one batted an eye if you were solo fear kiting the 2 at arena and just moved on.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear the server population has increased this year. I especially notice it in Karnors Castle. When I first got there with my Cleric at lvl 50 the zone seemed ok. There was the normal groups going: LCY, Hands, Basement and sometimes rcy and captain. Soloers and duos would camp the moat sometimes. Zone count was usually in the 20's and the was enough mobs to go around. Even when I couldn't find a group I never had a problem finding a solo pull from the moat or hallway.

Now it's crazy. 30+ people in the zone at peak hours. All camps taken and then some. I have seen people camping the skeletal lookouts for crying out loud. It has gotten so bad that I have sat FM waiting for 5 minutes for the monk to bring us a mob at the hands camp. If I had a PP for every time I heard a puller say "nothing is up" I could buy a fungi tunic! I can't even solo there any more. The moat is always empty now. Again this is during peak times. Non-peak times is a whole different story.

I have resorted to soloing in Burning Woods. There are still blue mobs there for a lvl 59 and nobody is challenging me for them. XP is slow but at least it's moving forward.

3 more blue till 60!
Your exping in KC at 59? *boggle boggle*
Old 02-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

KC in 2019
Old 02-12-2019, 01:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're doing KC at 59 you're part of the problem ^^
gatekeep much? Plenty of good exp and fun to be had there.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will probably get flamed for this. But here is the creative solution I came up with which has worked very well.

I go to KC and lfg on the cleric. If I get a group GREAT. If not I run to BW where I then park the cleric in a safe spot. I then log the Druid in who has PotG on and is in wolf form that has +2 mana regen. I then track a blue mob and pull it to the safe spot. I stack druids epic dot with winged death and root/rot the mob to 0-2% health. With the mob rooted, snared and almost dead I log out and bring the cleric in. As quick as I can manage I target and root the mob with the cleric to stop it's health regeneration that began the moment the druid left. By the time I get the root on the mob is usually between 16-25% health. 2 nukes and it's down with the cleric getting full XP.

The druids mana always stays FM so I never have to med him. The cleric uses 600 mana per mob so after 5 mobs I need to take a full med break on the cleric. At this point I will gate to KC and sit at the ZL medding up. While I am medding I do /ooc 59 cleric lfg. If I find a group before I get FM then I head to the camp and have some group fun. If not then I run back to BW and rince and repeat.

It's not 2 boxing. It's not power leveling. IMO it's using tools at hand to maximize mobs killed per hour for the cleric. And I think it's pretty creative.
This is one of the most retarded things I have ever read on the forums. I physically want to punch you or wield a medieval mace in your general direction.

Get a HS key and any necro or enchanter will group with you and the XP is the best in the game. With Chardok revamp it is now an option. How you are 59 w/o a seb key is beyond me. 59 in KC is not a good look.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-12-2019, 02:41 AM
Aviak

Speaking of people overstaying their welcome what level can a rogue move to Seb and actually be routinely considered for PUGs? not going to drop money on a tracker for the key, Iksar illusion mask, and early OT hammer if it's just 98% premade neckbeards instead of mostly PUGs in KC.

How much does both pieces of the key even cost?
Closed Thread