Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky_kc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Due to the nature of the quest, everyone seems to be an agreement that a roll should be instituted. Just like Scout/Ring 8 We will roll when the mob spawns and you will have 30 secs (to avoid multiple ppl switching toons) to roll 1000. Highest roll wins the right to turn in for the next progression of the Ring Quest(Selling or switching of toons is strictly prohibited and will result in a petition).

If there's anything that doesn't make sense with the proposed agreement feel free to comment.

-Floppin / signed.
ppl sell their ring 8's though
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I got a crazy idea how about we keep it classic and first come first serve
Old 02-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Guess you guys never did scout much before it was a roll, or when they were trying to convert it over which took several months.

when a mob has no variance and the spawn time can be figured out from the last turn in, people will literally show up 30 seconds before the mob spawns to click fest... good luck getting them to agree to it. Cant really hold them to "but everyone here agreed" if the agreement was made before they logged in, and they weren't part of the conversation.

kinda like forum agreements ... there are many players who rarely if at all come to these forums.

reminds me of a time @ scout like 20 people wanted to roll, and I said right in say. I had no issue doing that but if player, x,y, or z shows up before this pops the agreement goes out the window because they aren't going to agree...

and sure enough one of them showed up =p

why cant staff get creative here. There are several things on this server that aren't classic due to some reasoning behind it.

why not just flip flop the timers for shady and angry. that way the same amount of rings will be going onto the server as it did on live. While dealing with most of the issues here.

then for icing on the cake, all they need to do on the shady is add a invisible npc with no name that despawns 10? 30 seconds? Before the shady goblin spawns and doesn't go back for say 10 minutes.

this will 100% make is so people cant autofire / afk + autofire / just show up for welfare pixels and make doing the quest earned as it should be.
Last edited by diamondfist; 02-11-2019 at 10:01 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

I mean, why even let it go to autofire. I know you got your piece, but the scout was plagued with autofire for years. We can learn from that era.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky_kc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, why even let it go to autofire. I know you got your piece, but the scout was plagued with autofire for years. We can learn from that era.
This. Scout has been so nice since it transitioned to a roll.
Last edited by Senescant; 02-12-2019 at 03:00 AM..
Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 AM
Fire Giant

I find this post and the general good vibes coming from most of the people posting here to be a good thing. Even if things aren't changed or implemented with this post alone it's an indication of good will.

I - for one - would be very much for this roll. But I think, as others have also pointed out, that we need a similar solution regarding angry goblin. Especially if it's true that people's quest pieces will get eaten.

What good is having a roll for one bottleneck that doesn't yield any reward when it immediately leads to another 3-day bottleneck where it's the wild west.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

Roll won't work for Angry Goblin because of variance.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesclandre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll won't work for Angry Goblin because of variance.
That's true, it would make it messy. You could potentially still work out something like, those present at beginning of window and that stay there till he pops get to roll.

3 days with 10% variance comes to 72 hours +/- 7.2 hours, so it requires people to commit up to ~14.5 hours.

It might be too restrictive though. Maybe people could get like the first hour of the window to get there and then you have to sit tight till he spawns or forfeit your roll. Then he spawns and those present from +1 hour of the window's beginning get a roll.

It's a long way from a perfect solution.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

I'd rather have fair competition than sit 14hours to lose a roll.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesclandre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather have fair competition than sit 14hours to lose a roll.
Beyond basic stuff like trade window positioning, your chance to win a clickfest is almost entirely dependent on ping. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]