Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't this server one of those ones you can get 50 in a day or something?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Banned

Healer in DAoC so fun, esp if your pacify spec too
Old 02-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't this server one of those ones you can get 50 in a day or something?
No. I've been playing every day since launch and I'm only 39.

They do have "Collection Tasks" added in to make the leveling experience more enjoyable though.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healer in DAoC so fun, esp if your pacify spec too
It can be, but it can also be a giant PITA. Way too many hotkeys and often way too many responsibilities in RVR.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can be, but it can also be a giant PITA. Way too many hotkeys and often way too many responsibilities in RVR.
Agreed.

Healer and Mezzer?

No thanks. I already have a full time job.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. I've been playing every day since launch and I'm only 39.

They do have "Collection Tasks" added in to make the leveling experience more enjoyable though.
Hrm. think i read on their forums about groups hitting 50 in less than a day played. Maybe bomber groups or something?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed.

Healer and Mezzer?

No thanks. I already have a full time job.
They have de-mez too and of course stun.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hrm. think i read on their forums about groups hitting 50 in less than a day played. Maybe bomber groups or something?
Yeah, there are bomber groups. They're popular. But they're not going to get you 50 in one day.

I'm sure there were people level 50 in one day, but it was probably Hibs exploiting the Animist being so strong in this patch.

No pet limit, and only one LoS check.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would if you weren’t a filthy elf!��

My healer is 35 now and my runemaster 24. Surprised how much I enjoy the healer.
Hah, yep. Hibernia was my old realm and Mentalist was the only class I ever played, so I wanted to start in familiar territory. I'm blown away by how much I forgot. The first 2 weeks I was a total noob just wandering around.

To play off your point though, I'm surprised how much I enjoy playing melee. I know they're gimped on this server, but man Champions are hella fun. Insta debuffs and you get to swing big ass large weapons. Really enjoying the hybrid melee. Feels like a *fun* more playable version of the SK on EQ.

I might start a Midgard toon because I never played there (started in Alb but quickly switched to Hib). But that 12 hour timer... gotta pick your moments when switching realms.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, yep. Hibernia was my old realm and Mentalist was the only class I ever played, so I wanted to start in familiar territory. I'm blown away by how much I forgot. The first 2 weeks I was a total noob just wandering around.

To play off your point though, I'm surprised how much I enjoy playing melee. I know they're gimped on this server, but man Champions are hella fun. Insta debuffs and you get to swing big ass large weapons. Really enjoying the hybrid melee. Feels like a *fun* more playable version of the SK on EQ.

I might start a Midgard toon because I never played there (started in Alb but quickly switched to Hib). But that 12 hour timer... gotta pick your moments when switching realms.
No I totally get your reasoning for playing Hib! It was my main realm back in the day where I mained a Bard. Bard is still my favorite class in any MMO I've played...but Healer will have to do since my static party unanimously chose midgard.

I have also thought about rolling another Bard but yeah, that 12hr timer makes it tougher to pull off. Id hate to play my hib bard and have my static party want to play and I'm locked out..

If you decide to try midgard out tho hit me up!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread