Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quality post, I'm in the same boat. P99 has become a custom EQEmu server and is no longer attempting to recreate classic.

Channeling proves this to me. Proof provided that P99 channeling is obscenely far away from classic values and the staff just lets the bug report fade away with not even a single comment. We put tons of work into researching bugs and figuring things out and it just sits there. Devs occasionally making a "fixed pending update" response to some trivial bullshit bug and leaving the major issues to fester unaddressed.

There is no point hearing endless morons try to justify how it's just slow computers or player knowledge that explains how channeling rates at level 1 on P99 are 50-70% successful compared to 10% on live. Such a core mechanic like this being overlooked shows no one is interested in classic EQ anymore.

Classic EQ is too hard and takes too much time to get raid pixels so we'll just smooth some of these rough edges so the raid scene can be a boring bottlenecked cluster fuck that no one enjoys but is fully available to even the dumbest greenest newb to EQ after a couple weeks of playing. WoW players don't like a 10% chance to cast a spell in combat when they start, they won't play if we fix it.
I believe the staff has said that channeling is something to do with the client code or something like that and not something that’s easily fixable at all. So go on keep criticizing them for something they can’t do anything about.

At any rate if you dislike P99 so much go play another server. Not like you contribute much positive here
Old 05-15-2021, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Druid charm was terrible too. I wasn't able to charm with any degree of success until PoP when I solo'd the werewolf camp in Plane of Nightmare for piles and piles of diamonds and blue diamonds that dropped there.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:56 AM
Banned

eehh, I am sorry to bring up these feels for ya'll.

really its fine

pros and cons ppl

its different, not 'bad'

personally, if i couldnt fix channeling, i'd thro a bandaid on the heavily abused spells like charm idk, 3x cast time, or like 70% resist rate for the lolz (because that'd be accurate! to 'feels') but thats custom and wouldnt want it to stay that way
Old 05-15-2021, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Could just boost the chance to interrupt on hit. Would be an unclassic nerf on corner tanked casting but could make channeling more classic in most other situations.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-15-2021, 03:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid charm was terrible too. I wasn't able to charm with any degree of success until PoP when I solo'd the werewolf camp in Plane of Nightmare for piles and piles of diamonds and blue diamonds that dropped there.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Wow I think Hyjal really proved me right

The issue wasn't with the spells. The issue was with Knowledge and computer limitations.

IDK about you guys, but i was literally playing everquest with less than 10 fps sometimes on live. And laggy internet. Meaning if the pet broke, I hardly had time to react before it was beating me.

LET ALONE i can't remember a SINGLE enchanter on live who used aoe stun in my groups. Meaning, the most likely scenario of enchanters trying to recharm was just tanking it until the spell landed. And were they even using Tash?
Old 05-15-2021, 12:28 PM
Banned

what does an mri of a starkind look like?
Old 05-15-2021, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The issue wasn't with the spells. The issue was with Knowledge and computer limitations.

IDK about you guys, but i was literally playing everquest with less than 10 fps sometimes on live. And laggy internet. Meaning if the pet broke, I hardly had time to react before it was beating me.

LET ALONE i can't remember a SINGLE enchanter on live who used aoe stun in my groups. Meaning, the most likely scenario of enchanters trying to recharm was just tanking it until the spell landed. And were they even using Tash?
LOL chanters Tashed in classic, and yes they stunned all the time. Chanters knew how to play their class. I know this comes at a shock, but classic players that were adults at the time actually did have decent computers and broadband during this Era. Not all classic everquest players were 12 year olds, you know.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Whoa this guy's brain is fully intact too
Old 05-15-2021, 01:44 PM
Aviak

An average gamer PC in 1999-2000:

Pentium 2 300 or better (Even Pentium 3 was out by then)
3DFX Voodoo 2 (and some cheap 2d card) or a Geforce 256 later in 1999
7200 RPM Hard drive
256MB RAM
Cable/DSL internet (widely available at this point in urban/suburban areas)

The above would run EQ at 1024x768 at 60fps, no problem.

If you did not have this because you were too young and were using a hand-me down PC and were a kid at the time, that's understandable, but that's what gamer rigs looked like back then and gamers played EQ. Enough with the hardware nonsense, please. This game ran just fine on hardware at the time.
Closed Thread