Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-12-2022, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may incriminate me a bit by saying this, but I honestly hate duoing. It's all of the downsides to grouping with no real noticable upside. Exp feels like it slows to a trickle in a duo. I like soloing because I can alt-tab or AFK when I need to in between med breaks, but I feel like I can't really do that in a duo; I have to sit there and entertain my partner.

I just prefer to either solo, or be deep in a dungeon somewhere with a full group. Is that wrong?
I wouldn't say it's wrong, it's just the way you like to play. I will say that P99, Blue at least, does tend to favor duo's and trio's. It has become my favorite way to level alts and it can make for good friendships as it's more personal than a full group. It usually keeps the players a little more engaged and results in faster exp in my experience. I won't speak too much about duo/trio wizzies, because I frankly just don't have the experience as I treat the wiz like a solo class, but maybe others have good recommendations for spicing up wizzy duos/trios.

My biggest recommendation is just not to worry about raiding until you're at least 51. Before that, play how you would like, meet people (even other soloers), say hi and check in on the people you've met, and just enjoy the ride. It's often overlooked here because Live tends to be a lot less social in my experience, but being social here opens the doors to pretty much everything. You're bound to run into some assholes here and there for sure, but in my decade+ of time here my positive experiences far outweigh the negative ones.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't say it's wrong, it's just the way you like to play. I will say that P99, Blue at least, does tend to favor duo's and trio's. It has become my favorite way to level alts and it can make for good friendships as it's more personal than a full group. It usually keeps the players a little more engaged and results in faster exp in my experience. I won't speak too much about duo/trio wizzies, because I frankly just don't have the experience as I treat the wiz like a solo class, but maybe others have good recommendations for spicing up wizzy duos/trios.

My biggest recommendation is just not to worry about raiding until you're at least 51. Before that, play how you would like, meet people (even other soloers), say hi and check in on the people you've met, and just enjoy the ride. It's often overlooked here because Live tends to be a lot less social in my experience, but being social here opens the doors to pretty much everything. You're bound to run into some assholes here and there for sure, but in my decade+ of time here my positive experiences far outweigh the negative ones.
True that. For the most part, while I did like to solo, I'd always speak up in guild chat and respond to port requests within the guild. I always kept my bind spot close to wherever I was hunting for that reason.

Can't recall a time where I was actively unfriendly to anyone, just kind of a quiet and solitary person I suppose.

I was in a raiding guild for a bit while I was low 50s, but they were actively raiding as 55+ and not really taking me. This was around Velious launch and they had declared that they weren't going to do any more of the lower raids, like PoH/PoS, that I could have been a part of. Refused to help with anything, like the aforementioned Concussion spell questline when I admitted I had never been to KC or CoM. They even laughed at me when I asked what the "Plate room" in Kael was (I honestly thought it was the spot behind Tormax's throne where plate wearers got their quest armors). Just felt ostracized and lonely in that guild, and I ultimately gave up and left.

Maybe that guild was just an outlier though, a single bad egg in a pool of good ones?
Old 09-12-2022, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

I mean that sounds like a pretty unfriendly guild, I've not had that experience at all. I also though tend to stay away from the massive guilds.

For several reasons: it's harder to make an impact and create a reputation for yourself in a large guild, it's less personable since there's just too many people to keep track of, and idk this is just speculation but I get the vibe with those that it can get kinda top-heavy cliquey if only because--for the same reasons its hard for newer people to establish a report, it's hard for the old guard to build new relationships with that many people. I don't think it's necessarily malicious all the time, there's just only so many people you can really keep track of in your social net.

I look for small to medium sized guilds because they're small enough to kinda know everybody and that just makes things easier I think.

You could also maybe look for up and coming guilds, or leveling guilds looking to turn into raiding guilds with their higher level members, stuff like that. Those can be fun. I briefly joined Pals on a character and everyone seemed super nice there and it sounded like they were looking to start getting into raiding.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean that sounds like a pretty unfriendly guild, I've not had that experience at all. I also though tend to stay away from the massive guilds.
You can judge for yourself, it was <Force of Will>.

But yep, I'm tempted to try one more time as a wizard on Blue. Just not sure I can take the disappointment a second time lols.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:39 PM
Orc

<Good Guys> has NO RA requirements and has brand spanking new system you can join so you don't have to bid 3+years of DKP in Kingdom, while it's made up of former ST/FoW we are starting things off better and realizing our mistakes.
Last edited by Abukii; 09-12-2022 at 07:46 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's definitely boring, but wizard quadding is _pretty_ dope. I guess not being in a guild though can make it pretty unfun. At least if you've got g-chat you can talk to people between pulls.
Yeah quadding is fun for a bit killing 4 mobs at a time, but it gets old by like the 50s IMO
Old 09-13-2022, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah quadding is fun for a bit killing 4 mobs at a time, but it gets old by like the 50s IMO
The efficiency nerd in me can't really ignore how absurdly dope the xp is doing it sadly. That and I don't have any keys to the major dungeons, but that's probably because I'm too busy quadding all day XD. Knocked out level 54 in a couple days, it would've been faster though, I'm just dumb and thought CS Wyverns ranged from 38-41, not 38-42, so I thought at 54 it'd be like almost fully green...I ended up spending like 60% of the level camping suits and it's just a way, way slower camp compared to CS where I pretty regularly could just port out to get C2/POTG and chain quad wyverns.
Last edited by Kich867; 09-13-2022 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-13-2022, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The efficiency nerd in me can't really ignore how absurdly dope the xp is doing it sadly. That and I don't have any keys to the major dungeons, but that's probably because I'm too busy quadding all day XD.
I mean it’s really not that efficient compared to other classes though. At least not when you get into the higher levels where you don’t have a multitude of spawns and you become more limited by respawn time than anything else. Killing 4 mobs every like 15 minutes ends up being slower than a lot of other classes can level.

That being said it’s great if you want to kill 4 mobs and then go do something else for like 15 minutes until respawn
Old 09-13-2022, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it’s really not that efficient compared to other classes though. At least not when you get into the higher levels where you don’t have a multitude of spawns and you become more limited by respawn time than anything else. Killing 4 mobs every like 15 minutes ends up being slower than a lot of other classes can level.

That being said it’s great if you want to kill 4 mobs and then go do something else for like 15 minutes until respawn
Totally, at 57 given that it's basically just Suits for quadding that's a pretty slow camp I guess...but I mean,

Level 53
Start: [Sat Sep 10 11:19:20 2022]
End: [Sat Sep 10 16:53:40 2022]

Getting through level 53 in 5 1/2 hours isn't bad? Maybe it is idk, seemed fine to me.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Totally, at 57 given that it's basically just Suits for quadding that's a pretty slow camp I guess...but I mean,

Level 53
Start: [Sat Sep 10 11:19:20 2022]
End: [Sat Sep 10 16:53:40 2022]

Getting through level 53 in 5 1/2 hours isn't bad? Maybe it is idk, seemed fine to me.
Well there was a 50% EXP bonus going on I believe, haha. The staff didn't turn it off for a few days after it was supposed to be turned off on Wednesday. I blew through 53 and 54 on an alt last week as well.