Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-24-2023, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 somehow devolved into the southpark episode of world of warcraft.
Old 05-24-2023, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why am I not surprised the guy who rage quit his guild over not getting a SoD is the one pushing for welfare mobs?
kekw
Old 05-24-2023, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it's toxic, and that's by design. The staff wants competition (they literally make up entirely unclassic things, like races, to enable competition). Competition breeds toxicity.

If we had rotations or instances or various other systems, there would be a lot less toxicity.

Teal wasn't "non-toxic", but it was less toxic, precisely because of what I said above.

All the people that wanted to compete by being in the top guild (Seal Team), or who wanted to compete to earn a server first, stayed on Green. As a result, there were less "competitors" on Teal, leaving a much higher ratio of people who just wanted to play a PvE game (and thus a lot less toxicity).
Project 1999 is 1/20th as toxic as Classic EverQuest was. You can trust any single player in the tunnel to xfer gear for you, Classic EQ, it was getting stolen 9 in 10 times.

Raid content was for the sweatiest of sweat lords on live. People didn't even complete VP on most servers until after Velious. They changed servers to join better guilds.

Instances are bad, and so are rotations. Project 1999 itself is almost 15 years old. The content is forever locked. Competition is needed to keep interest. There's only so many times a person can clear uncontested mobs before it gets too boring to log in.

What we need is racing with lockouts.

Also i love how you cry about unclassic racing and then immediately say instances like Loramin dude wtf
Old 05-24-2023, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is 1/20th as toxic as Classic EverQuest was.
You're out of your fucking mind if you actually believe this. What I think you meant was 20x as toxic. You just got the fraction the wrong way around.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're out of your fucking mind if you actually believe this. What I think you meant was 20x as toxic. You just got the fraction the wrong way around.
This is p99 forums not p2002 forums, please use your own forums. hope that helps.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is p99 forums not p2002 forums, please use your own forums. hope that helps.
Senpai noticed you this time, but I won't date you. Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Senpai noticed you this time, but I won't date you. Hope this helps.
Consider more open raids taigam
Old 05-24-2023, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why am I not surprised the guy who rage quit his guild over not getting a SoD is the one pushing for welfare mobs?
Because you've watched The Doomsday Machine many times.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2023, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i remember Fennin Ro being pretty toxic, nothing ive seen on p99 compares to the shit talking and kill stealing i remember from highpass and highkeep
Old 05-24-2023, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

or Lguk for that matter