Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the reason they mention the day/night cycle is because SWTOR didn't have one and a lot of folks made a big deal about it.
Heh. Did not know that.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Kobold

I've been playing since the 3 day head start. The game is not revolutionary, but definitely evolutionary. It's improving upon the old formula's and adding some new ideas.
1) combat is a huge improvement. You can and should strafe and dodge. You can interrupt, slow, stun, confuse etc. mobs or pc's. You have many skills to choose from and can spec many, many different builds. Geography matters. Graphics are great, especially combat animations. It sounds confusing, but it's easy to play, just hard to master.
2) Every skill is important and interacts with other skills for combos or bonuses at times. This includes other class skills that work together. You can spec your char. to be a tank, healer, dps at the expense of becoming a glass cannon or too defensive etc. You can respec your char for a modest fee, so you're not forced to re roll. This is perhaps the hardest part of the game to master, since there are so many skills that all interact in some way.
3) There are no defined roles like healer, tank, cc or dps. Any class can do any role depending upon how you spec your skills. You don't have to wait 2 hours for a cleric or chanter. My elementalist can heal probably better then any other class(if spec'd right), and can aoe the best as well. I can do both well if spec'd right.

4) You can jump to max level pvp anytime you want, without leveling. You can also pvp with your pve toon. The pvp in GW 1 was the best I've ever seen. I haven't tried it yet in gw2, but I hear it's good.

5) There are many dungeons to explore with groups that are a lot more difficult than the rest of the pve game. I've read good things about them from beta, but I'm too low for most of them now.

6) There are no major time sinks. You regen all your health a few seconds after combat. There is no mana to regen, just cool downs which are short.

7) The staff support the game well and have good customer service. It's also free to play after your 60 bucks.

It seems a bit confusing reading about it, but it's not bad, even for old people like Barkingturtle. I'm older than him and I enjoy it. You just really need to learn the skills and classes well to be good at pvp.
Last edited by choklo; 09-01-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Closed Thread