Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Orc

I played a woodelf ranger Geras Darkbow since launch on Brell! Retired him just before 2004 (I think) and came back way later on.

Guild progression:
Order of the Crescent --> Harpers --> Eldritch --> Poison Arrow
Old 09-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This brings back memories. I did a google search of my character's name today to see if any of the stupid shit I did an age ago still remained. For better or worse or just as an iconic display of what early internet idiots look like, my posts were still there. Sort of makes one want to reach back through time and strangle yourself.

I played on Brell as well. HE Paladin, and later, was working on a WE Bard named Llannu and a barb Warrior named Tilana. I actually started the game playing a male DE necromancer named Kaelael, but switched to female characters a short while later.

Started the game shortly after it's release, when I saw some people playing it in an internet cafe. These were most of the early Legion of Heroes guys: Justise, Tanavan (sp?), and a few others. It's been so long I can't remember all of their names. There was even a cleric who's name started with an O that I can't remember, but one day had everyone cheering when his BP finally dropped after countless raids in the Plane of Hate - I remember that BP being very frustrating to get because early on, the drop rates were stupid low.

Anyway, I made my own guild called Knights of the Magi that did very well, until I ran it into the ground. Had a few stints with some other guilds, but mostly spent the remainder of my EQ time guildless, slumming around the higher level zones and doing the odd raid with other guilds. I was in Imperium for a good minute, but other than that I'm having trouble remembering anything else I was a part of.

Man... I mean... Man! Good game, Google. I did not expect to even see any remnant of a Brell community at all. Hope everyone is enjoying their games.
Last edited by Fenye; 09-09-2012 at 02:54 AM..
Old 09-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Sarnak

I played on Brell until shortly after Luclin launched. Level 54 Dwarf Cleric Brickened, of the Ittie Bittie Brigade! It was a guild with only short members.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Played on Brell shortly after it launched. Arclan - Paladin. /waves

All pics submitted from the guild I served are still posted at the link below. Lots of raid pictures; if you were one of the first raiders on Brell, you may very well see yourself in some of them.

http://www.whitewolfbrigade.com/wwb/wwbImages.html
Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played on Brell from 1999-2002. Blood Elf Paladin of the guilds <Sojouners> and <Enshadowed> good times!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

I was GM Staff on Brell. Some familiar looking names in this thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played on Brell from 1999 till 2006. I had a wood elf druid named Tuvile the Wave Caller, and a wood elf bard named Luvile. It's nice to see some familiar names here! I now play a human druid named Lupa. Hope to catch you guys in game! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Comgo 65 Troll Shaman from brell.

play Rotokan 60 monk and Comgo newbie ogre shaman.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

Just a reminder. There is a roster on the Project1999 wiki that you can place your old EQ and new EQ names and where you played. Helps old friends find you.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...#Brell_Serilis

Add your name today!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Kobold

I started playing the first week of August 1999 on Brell since it was the server at the top of the screen and was not full. I quit after PoP and never went on to play WoW like many others. I had some great times with the people of Brell and was in Skyre Draneth before it imploded. I eventually quit for many reasons, particularly the wife aggro.

Choklo lvl 62 ogre shadow knight Brell (retired)
Nadah lvl 60 HIE enchanter p1999 (retired)
Closed Thread