Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smish44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this was a no account trading/ no RMT server?
The server used to allow Plat Account Purchases. It does not anymore. Look at the date of the original post.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Large Rat

Hrm.. guess I missed the p2w boat. Ah well.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Well, now I know I need to research more. Hopefully I can find an era specific parse somewhere.

Edit: Apparently my reading comprehension failed me the first time I read Sundawgs post lol.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 02-26-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

I haven't seen any posts that said they don't believe the casting data. He was just asking about the wiz pets in particular. I'm just so glad these pet issues are at least being looked at. Been bumping them since I started last year. Hoping for some pet love soon.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<3

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.magecompendium.com/pets-library.html

Q: What is Pet Cannibalization?
A: Pet Cannibalization was a technique used to summon pets, and then reclaim them for more mana than they initially cost. As a result of the December 18, 2003 patch, this is no longer exists in the game, for all intents and purposes.

Anyone have more info on this?

--------------------
Mage 52 and 58 fire pets being wizards:
http://web.archive.org/web/200201280...picID=42.topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by first post
Post 50th Fire Pets:

The reason that these pets need to be fixed is because the post 50th spells should have, in the very least, kept the Magician's power status quo compared to lvl 1-50. By replacing our standard Fire Pet with the Wizzie Fire Pet Verant has taken away a pet that had a lot of uses in various situations and replaced it with a pet that has limited uses in very certain situations. Effectively, this has lowered the Magician's power post 50th because the variety in pet summons has actually gone down because of this.
Suggestions: Make 52 and 58 fire pet non-aggressive pets, they are wizards after all…no wizard runs up to something to try and cast on it and melee it at the same time, so if this is really a wizard pet, make it stand back and cast. Also it has been suggested to give this pet the lvl 49 fire pet DS and maybe lower its Hp’s because it will not be fighting and will die fast this wouldn’t be too overpowering if tweaked a little.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Pet canni required the improved reclaim AA. N/A here.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet canni required the improved reclaim AA. N/A here.
Actually what pet canni required was a combination of good spell focus (improved mana preservation, the AAs that helped with mana costs, etc), always using a earth pet (most hps), and having a good pet focus (gloves of dark summoning, etc).

That reclaim AA (if purchased) actually broke "pet canni" because instead of mana back based on the reclaimed pet's hps , it gave back a flat percentage of mana based on the cost of the pet spell.

Maybe they changed it yet some more down the line, but on EQmac (and I suppose Luclin era too) the wise mage did not touch improved reclaim energy with a 10 foot pole.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by smish44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hrm.. guess I missed the p2w boat. Ah well.
RMT acct trading was never allowed, he means he traded in-game plat or items with another play in exchange for an acct.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the parses by Treats, is it possible that some of the longer delays (such as the air-pet that waited 30 seconds) were caused by the pet being stunned due to a bash and it caused it to miss casting for that round and had to wait until the timer recycled + the random variance?
Soulbinder did not attack on the EQMac server.