Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-15-2023, 08:27 PM
Orc

Doing 1600 x 1200. Crashes reduced by about 15%.

No longer crashing while zoning, just when logging out.

Clicking through the UI to the desktop which causes minimizing at character select screen fixed by simply moving the character list slightly to the right before choosing a character.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doing 1600 x 1200. Crashes reduced by about 15%.

No longer crashing while zoning, just when logging out.

Clicking through the UI to the desktop which causes minimizing at character select screen fixed by simply moving the character list slightly to the right before choosing a character.
Sounds like you're making progress! If you crash on camp, that should be resolved with setting compatibility on eqgame.exe to xp sp2 or 3.

-Mcoy
Old 08-19-2023, 07:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're making progress! If you crash on camp, that should be resolved with setting compatibility on eqgame.exe to xp sp2 or 3.

-Mcoy
I wish. All compatibility modes do not work. Crashes when zoning are constant, crash at ever log out and the runtime shutting down incorrectly error that prevents the game from even starting without removing that mode and rebooting are all still a thing.

I guess it's as good as it's going to get.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Oh, if you crash when zoning *and* camping it may be connection-related. I crash on zoning all the time since moving and being on starlink's deprioritized list, but if I switch to my hotspot (that barely gets 1mbit) I zone just fine.

Tried using a vpn temporarily?

-Mcoy
Old 08-21-2023, 08:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, if you crash when zoning *and* camping it may be connection-related. I crash on zoning all the time since moving and being on starlink's deprioritized list, but if I switch to my hotspot (that barely gets 1mbit) I zone just fine.

Tried using a vpn temporarily?

-Mcoy
I tried using Proton VPN. I couldn't even connect to the server. Something I am missing perhaps?
Old 08-21-2023, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried using Proton VPN. I couldn't even connect to the server. Something I am missing perhaps?
Make sure it allows/tunnels port 5998?

-Mcoy
Old 08-22-2023, 07:02 AM
Orc

Oh boy, need to resubscribe to Proton VPN service to do that.

Since supposedly no logging, no information Proton willing gave information, they supposedly don't have, to authorities not too long ago, not sure I want to pay them for a lack of privacy and no trust.

Have any recommendations for a trusthworthy VPN service?
Old 08-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

I do not. I don't even use Google One or whatever that I get for "free" with my cell phone.

-Mcoy