Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-21-2023, 05:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Health/Mana/XP Bar redesign in the classic 'Transparent' UI style

This is just something that I'm working on, alongside some other elements of the Velious (transparent) user interface. Thought you guys might be interested.

NewBars.png

This is a player window (health/mana/fatigue bars) that I have redesigned using the classic red health bar that you see in the "Target" window in the original 'stone' UI, and the 'transparent' UI. Each bar uses a scaled up and recolored copy of that graphic, including the slight texture it has, so it should fit in with the feel of classic Everquest, as it is literally using elements of the user interface that the game released with in 1999. The bottom bar is the Experience bar.

Video of the bars in action : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yWHmMXFQTU
Apologies for the camera recording, was the only way to capture in decent quality.

I even made a new 'empty' bar graphic which uses the old red health bar, just with the colors gray-scaled, and inverted, to give the graphic an 'empty' feel.

Each bar behaves exactly like any other bar in the game, as is demonstrated in the video. I have also added the current health and mana number next to their bars. These elements can easily be expanded to show your current health/mana alongside the total eg. 800/1000 Mana. The size of the bars can also easily be adjusted.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for improvement?
Old 08-21-2023, 05:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Photo showing the origin of the bars.

https://i.imgur.com/XxvmTgV.jpg