Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 02:35 AM
Kobold

Default I quit because

Warriors are tough to level! We suck at tanking until the 50's, it's hard for us to get around, and even harder to get groups when there is a better tank option around. What do? I am a level 33 warrior. Where should I go? What new gear with velious should I be saving my copper pieces up for?
Old 06-16-2016, 02:56 AM
Fire Giant

Eastern Wastes orc fort would be a good place to start, with a duo or trio maybe. Could get yourself some orc fang earrings & ry'gorr chain armor there ( would be a step up from banded or bronze, not sure what your gear level is ). Not sure about specific weapons, but a lot of stuff has dropped in price so you might just browse the auction tracker.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 06-16-2016, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

I'd "route 1" to the 50s unless you have a healer you know and like to duo with.

Mistmoore up to 40-41
CoM to up to 50-51
Old 06-16-2016, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors are tough to level! We suck at tanking until the 50's, it's hard for us to get around, and even harder to get groups when there is a better tank option around. What do? I am a level 33 warrior. Where should I go? What new gear with velious should I be saving my copper pieces up for?
Always send a tell to one group member, especially the ranger, and ask them to root the mob at the start of a fight. That way, if you stand on it's toes it will attack you. Make sure to taunt after any big aggro spells land too, just in case root breaks early!
Old 06-16-2016, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Also the advice to stick to 'the xp highway' is good. I have played a few warriors and it never seemed hard to find groups with this method.

In the 30s you could grab an axe of the slayers (procs a 90hp rune) and have a go at soloing things in south karana whilst looking for duo partners or groups in paw.

Don't forget to /hotkey STAND /stand to create button that makes you stand up. Hit yourself with a bandage, hit your stand button, tab back on to your target and you can resume fighting whilst not interrupting your bandage attempt (provided you don't move about).
Old 06-16-2016, 06:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Always send a tell to one group member, especially the ranger, and ask them to root the mob at the start of a fight. That way, if you stand on it's toes it will attack you.

From my experience tanks are in high demand right now at most levels, I don't think you'll have a problem finding a group. But yeah might want to stick to the xp highway zones.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

Are you in a guild? If not..join Vita! We are actually in need of a tank around your level for doing guild groups. Our guild is a bit heavy on shaman and monks and many of us are hitting or approaching lvl 30. Our goal is to try and hit dungeons and stuff as we level. It would be nice to not have to attempt to tank on my monk for a change. You think you have problems holding aggro on a warrior? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always be one of the highest levels lfg for a given area, never go to a new area underleveled as a warrior. Get a high damage weapon for now ...wurmslayer would be ideal but something like staff of battle probably works....

go to highkeep and do goblins or go to mistmoore graveyard until level 35, then do mistmoore castle until 41 ....there are always groups in these places
Old 06-16-2016, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Also warrior is an end game class. You can be a bad ass raid tank and grind out 1-60 as a warrior or you can be a bad ass tank 1-60 and not tank raid mobs at 60 as a hybrid....
Old 06-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Warriors/Tanks are always in demand... I'm thinking of starting a Warrior to be indemand.
Closed Thread