Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey man, you got anything to actually contribute or here to literally be a waste of (post per page)space?
There's an ignore option, isn't there? I will always treat whiners in this fashion, so, get used to it or ignore me.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's an ignore option, isn't there? I will always treat whiners in this fashion, so, get used to it or ignore me.
Sorry. Just noticed I was being a dick in a sticky post. I will ignore you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck!
Old 10-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asking them to do weird stuff or suffer because the UI was designed for a minimum resolution of 640x480 is stupid.
Eh? I don't follow. I truly don't. This game is old. It's old enough to vote. P1999 is an emulation of a 1999-2001 game running on a 2005-era client. Who the heck loads an ancient piece of software and expects direct full support for modern screen resolutions and hardware? If you can find it, great, but expecting that kind of support strikes me as strange to say the least. but then I run a lot of old games so I'm used to dealing with obsolescent software....it's par for the course.

Note that at no point have I called your basic complaint invalid. It might be strange to me, but it's real enough. To wit: Why not build what you want? Find a few interested users, put a team together, run the idea by Rogean, and if he has interest then make it happen. That's how the "Make the velious UI more like Velious" project got going. Most of the UI work done over the years has been community-driven. You can be the next step and help make that contribution.

Danth
Old 10-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh? I Who the heck loads an ancient piece of software and expects direct full support for modern screen resolutions and hardware?

Note that at no point have I called your basic complaint invalid. It might be strange to me, but it's real enough. To wit: Why not build what you want?
To answer your first question: many people. To give you an idea, I am constantly harping on here, discord, everyehere that eq works better in 4:3 and recommend /viewport. Yet still, you will find that MOST people are playing this game widescreen. If you can't even get them to play the right aspect ratio, how can you expect them to run a proper resolution?

Secondly, I don't need to build anything, because I am willing to find a way to make the current ui work.

My reason for posting here is that there are a lot of people complaining, the UI is hard to use but they don't really undersrand the root cause, and everyone else is just also misunderstanding the issue and telling those people to piss off.

I am trying to redirect the energy to the actual problem, so that people actually understand what it is. Do I expect it to get fixed? Probably not, but maybe. Do I expect most people to work around it? No, they will suffer with a bad set up, or leave. Does it personally impact me? Not really, a minor inconvenience.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Haha cool avatar Deathrydar
Old 10-17-2019, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

I wish we could make that the launcher icon hah
Old 10-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha cool avatar Deathrydar
Some really great guy created it!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Kobold

I play at 2560 x 1440 and I have zero issues with the UI it's damn beautiful. I suspect that most of you people kicking and screaming should consider LASIK. Great work to everyone involved!
Old 10-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hey man, you got anything to actually contribute or here to literally be a waste of (post per page)space?
You're new here, but to the rest of us who've been here awhile, re-quoting someone else's post is way to express "+1" or "I agree with what this guy is selling". You can imagine an implied "QFT" (Quoted For Truth) after such posts.

P.S. In general, I've liked the "cut of your jib" (ie. of your previous posts), so I'm trying to say that in a nice way. But look, as someone who is new here, and doesn't yet 100% "grok" everything about this project, maybe a little deference and humility would be a good idea?

I'm not saying "don't have an opinion" or "let everyone crap on you." But at the same time, you could be more respectful, and could remember that everyone with any power to do anything (from the UI developers, to the GMs, up to R&N themselves) is 100% a volunteer doing their best to make Project 1999 better.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-17-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish we could make that the launcher icon hah
You certainly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To expand on what Fatmagic did years ago. I'm excited for Green's launch, and have created a Green version for your Green Desktop Launcher version. Since having a Blue and Green separate launcher seems advantageous at this moment. Enjoy!

My Custom P99 Green Icon:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336565
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Closed Thread