Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Make it green, but starting at Luclin.
Revenge for every lawyerquest petition filed in the last 10 years. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2019, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Make it invite only...
Old 04-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Sarnak

Put in banestrikes too

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Kobold

Make it so the first 100 people that log in get 1 of every pre nerfed item
Old 04-27-2019, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

surprise wipe the server after 3 weeks
Old 04-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well yeah. Right now I feel like I am between two armies of people and the incoming gunfight will be offers.

I mean.. 100k blue plat for a guise lootright on green is not that farfetched.
Not to burst anyone's bubble but cross-server trading has been banned.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Hoop to loot 2020
Old 04-28-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this. IMO the devs would have rather those items never existed, but didn't want to punish players who had farmed them.
Absolutely. The removal of the items was an implicit admission by the original team that they never should have existed, and if they had it to do over they wouldn't have been introduced. P99 has a chance here to make the right decision from day one, but I suspect their vision is still to mimic the original timeline exactly again, manastones and all.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely. The removal of the items was an implicit admission by the original team that they never should have existed, and if they had it to do over they wouldn't have been introduced. P99 has a chance here to make the right decision from day one, but I suspect their vision is still to mimic the original timeline exactly again, manastones and all.
those items add an allure to the game.

Did a dev really think mana stone was a mistake or did they actually just make it a sought after limited time prize that would make people crazy?

Its not line the early devs were clueless like eqlive today.

Those items were well thought out "oops."

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those items add an allure to the game.

Did a dev really think mana stone was a mistake or did they actually just make it a sought after limited time prize that would make people crazy?

Its not line the early devs were clueless like eqlive today.

Those items were well thought out "oops."
They thought manastone was a mistake. They said so themselves. Feel free to scour the internet for the relevant quotes if you want. Some other removed items, like rubicite, wasn't necessarily viewed as a mistake. Rubicite was removed because it was seen as placeholder equipment to begin with, coupled with a bit of laziness in the form of simply cut-and-paste replacing its positions in the CT drop tables with Ravenscale. Again the quotes are out there, somewhere, if you want to spend an afternoon searching. I don't feel like it because in the end it doesn't matter enough. What happened, happened.

No, the early devs weren't clueless like the modern devs. They were a heck of a lot more clueless. The game's success was nothing more than a happy accident that the company could neither understand nor replicate.

-----------------------------------------

Insofar as any of that pertains to P99, project management has always been adamant that it wants to create the entire 1999-2001 timeline, for good or ill. That's an extremist mindset, but I figure it'd take an extremist--an outright fanatic, even--to spend this kind of time working on something like this. I wouldn't take their same approach, but I never would have made this at all.

Danth
Closed Thread