Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem isn't the people, it's the shitty processes (e.g. zerg raid guilds) that drove people away from playing.
The "shitty processes" are lovingly hand-crafted (artisanal zerg raiding!) by people who are all free to choose to play the way they do or some other way. A "zerg raid guild" is just a collection of people. Your claim evaluates to nonsense: "the problem isn't the people, it's the people". Nice try tho, thanks for playing.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

WHEN WILL YOU NERDS REALIZE?!?

PVP IS THE ANSWER!

Always has been, and always will be. It's a solution that's been staring you in the face for 20 fucking years!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 07-09-2021, 11:13 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "shitty processes" are lovingly hand-crafted (artisanal zerg raiding!) by people who are all free to choose to play the way they do or some other way. A "zerg raid guild" is just a collection of people. Your claim evaluates to nonsense: "the problem isn't the people, it's the people". Nice try tho, thanks for playing.
If you want to experience end game content your only option is to join a zerg raid guild. These guilds have people that have been playing this game for 20 years with access to emulated servers to train members on each encounter.

Every logical person comes to the same conclusion: "If you can't beat them, join them."

It's shitty processes.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every logical person comes to the same conclusion: "If you can't beat them, join them."

It's shitty processes.
If you cant beat em, go about a multi-year quiet project to take them down. Wait for the right moment and start a riot. Then you can sit back and watch all the shitposters eat shit on the boards, that was great stuff.

Not as great as watching these "seasoned master EQ veterans" get their faces eaten by a Griffen. My favorite moment on the P99 servers.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you cant beat em, go about a multi-year quiet project to take them down. Wait for the right moment and start a riot. Then you can sit back and watch all the shitposters eat shit on the boards, that was great stuff.

Not as great as watching these "seasoned master EQ veterans" get their faces eaten by a Griffen. My favorite moment on the P99 servers.
Riot was 5 years after velious was beat, it's irrelevant. Hope that helps.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot was 5 years after velious was beat, it's irrelevant. Hope that helps.
Not really, it was still very sweet watching them die. 5 years or 5 days doesn't matter when the wound is still this sore.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

200% agree. P99 is a SHITshow and devs dont care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are only a handful of acceptable places to level, otherwise you have to bring your own group or get comfortable soloing. The raiding scene is an incredible waste of man-hours, and is wretchedly boring because all guilds are zerg-guilds and all content is known. Big mobs were being slaughtered all across velious within hours of release. That shouldn't really be possible, except for the fact that all guilds are zerg-guilds.

I went to check on the beads camp, and the list was 25 people long. Just looking around, it appeared that maybe 6 of those people were active. Everyone else was alt-tabbed out.

The guild I was in was doing plate house, and the officers decided that they were going to let the dwarf get away in order to shut down any other guild from immediately starting after we left. Intentionally screwing over other Everquesters because of.. I dont know even know.. something about competition, I guess?

There used to be some pleasure in just enjoying the game, but that's mostly gone. It's just a grab for pixels.

I've been on P99 since 2009, but it's finally time.

I will absolutely let the door hit me on the way out, fuck you too.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PVP IS THE ANSWER!

Always has been, and always will be. It's a solution that's been staring you in the face for 20 fucking years!
Old 07-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PVP IS THE ANSWER!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ Single Box PvP Teams server today if anyone ever wanted to try EQ pvp, plenty of guilds recruited, guaranteed to be highest eq emu pvp population on day 1 ( not saying much, but in case you were wondering), come check it out! Easy 1 click install.

https://discord.gg/hdjhJfsU

reignofthule.com
Old 07-09-2021, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

This game is best played in spurts. My bro and I started on blue in 2011 and stopped in 2012 due to burning out. We came back in 2017 and decided we would just duo and do small time shit. Whenever we make alts, we try to make semi challenging duos and twink them out and go to zones we have never been to before. It has been so much more enjoyable this time around. For instance the duo we are on now is ranger/rogue and we are trying to exclusively lvl in old world dungeons that we hadn’t spent much time in before. It’s super fun. You would be more than welcomed to come along with us on blue. /who all True Blues.. be my bro and I, doing some hood rat shit.
Closed Thread