Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation You, yes YOU. Should be farming Holgresh Elder Beads

There is nothing stopping YOU from obtaining Holgresh Elder Beads

Limited time Drop! Easy to sell for lots of Plat!

Head over to The Wakening Land.
Track down An elder holgresh and get your Beads!
Can be done on a level 50-60 character!!

Get more Holgresh Elder Beads into the market on green!
This may be our last chance at their drop for a long time!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Having more people on the list won’t actually increase supply, though.

The rate limiting steps are (1) pullers who can’t spend more than a few minutes running around collecting mobs before they have to get back and hit the timer, and (2) the number of non-afk listers actively burning down mobs.

If you’ve got three pullers and five dps, whether there are 20 or 40 others on the list is irrelevant. Except that the literal only two ways to do a list are via account sharing or total and complete neglect of all non-EQ activities for a truly unhealthy length of time.

So there really aren’t many people *capable* of joining the list, and it’s not obvious why it would matter. Like, as a necro, I’d love a insta-tap mob and an always-hammerable mob. I’d put in 40+ hours camping it…but not all at once.

To get my ornate velium pendant, I camped councilors for essentially all my play time every day and eventually got it and it was great. That’s not an option for the beads, because the /list mechanic requires upfront time investment.

A “list can’t be longer than 2 players and after each drop a /random determines who joins next” rule would be my preferred solution to the issues, but probably has some big downside I’m not thinking of.

TLDR; only a small fraction of p99 players can camp beads at all, and more people on the list doesn’t mean more beads on the server.
Last edited by jadier; 07-14-2021 at 09:35 AM..
Old 07-14-2021, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Cool Holgresh Elder Beads

Don't listen to the naysayers!

You can do it!
You can get those Beads!

Don't miss your chance!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having more people on the list won’t actually increase supply, though.

The rate limiting steps are (1) pullers who can’t spend more than a few minutes running around collecting mobs before they have to get back and hit the timer, and (2) the number of non-afk listers actively burning down mobs.

If you’ve got three pullers and five dps, whether there are 20 or 40 others on the list is irrelevant. Except that the literal only two ways to do a list are via account sharing or total and complete neglect of all non-EQ activities for a truly unhealthy length of time.

So there really aren’t many people *capable* of joining the list, and it’s not obvious why it would matter. Like, as a necro, I’d love a insta-tap mob and an always-hammerable mob. I’d put in 40+ hours camping it…but not all at once.

To get my ornate velium pendant, I camped councilors for essentially all my play time every day and eventually got it and it was great. That’s not an option for the beads, because the /list mechanic requires upfront time investment.

A “list can’t be longer than 2 players and after each drop a /random determines who joins next” rule would be my preferred solution to the issues, but probably has some big downside I’m not thinking of.

TLDR; only a small fraction of p99 players can camp beads at all, and more people on the list doesn’t mean more beads on the server.
Elders spawn outside of the cave. Find a spawn point and sit there
Old 07-14-2021, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

I sniff my beads every morning. lol at the idea of selling a bad ass legacy item for plat, which you can get hundreds of thousands of whenever you want
Old 07-14-2021, 10:56 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except you can't loot the beads that drop outside of the cave because you're not #1. And depending on where they drop, #1 will miss them. It'd be nice if the wanderers were available to the plebs and the cave were just for /list.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every elder beads drop in the whole zone is subject to the list lockout. if you kill an elder at druid rings and it drops beads, the drop goes to the #1 sleep deprived AFKer in the caves.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every elder beads drop in the whole zone is subject to the list lockout. if you kill an elder at druid rings and it drops beads, the drop goes to the #1 sleep deprived AFKer in the caves.
Oh that's retarded
Old 07-14-2021, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

it is how it is. just get a friend or 2 and farm up 3 beads in 3 weekends
Old 07-14-2021, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing stopping YOU from obtaining Holgresh Elder Beads
You're wrong: my need to sleep is stopping me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread