Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no rule that says you can't have kill in your name. Are you sure it wasn't some other reason?
I'm guessing it's because of the one I bolded?

Quote:
15. The Project 1999 Naming Policy

Character names in EverQuest should be thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest. These guidelines apply both forenames and surnames, and also to the combination produced by a forename and surname. (For example, the first name Clint and the last name Eastwood are both acceptable names separately, but Clint Eastwood is not.)

The server staff can, in accordance with all described rules and ultimate discretion, provide assistance with surname changes, including names with multiple capital letters and/or a single accent grave (`). Examples of this are Kirn V`Last, Harl McTarnigal, Leeza MacTeagan.

The server staff will be happy to change your surnames on request, however we will not provide forename changes unless the name violates the naming policy.

The following names are considered unacceptable.

- Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
- Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeazz, Tug Mcgroin).
- Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).
- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).
- Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).
- Proper names from EverQuest (e.g. Rathe, Karana). This also includes the first or last name of any significant EverQuest NPC (e.g. Dorn, Trumpy, Karn).
- The names of past or current Customer Support Representatives or developers of Project 1999 (e.g. Nilbog, Rogean, Llandris, Eunomia).
- Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of a player or Customer Service Representative.
- Forenames containing titles within them, such as, but not limited to: The, Lord, Lady, Master, King, Knight, Sir, Father (e.g. Sirtallon, Lordeagle, Mothermaggy, Darksister).
- Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).
- Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
- Descriptive compound words (each separate part of the word and the entire word) must otherwise adhere to all other naming rules.
- Fantasy-oriented names which are easily recognized from popular existing media (e.g. Merlin, Gandalf, Drizzt).
- Names where the combination of the first and last name forms a phrase or violate a previous rule (e.g. Crymea River, Bran Muffin, Story Thyme).
- For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings (such as spelling it backwards) of the word or words are also unacceptable.
- For all of the above, any foreign variations are also unacceptable. If a player petitions a name he or she feels is offensive in a foreign language, all rules set forth shall be applied.
- Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing it's because of the one I bolded?
Still seems like kind of a stretch, though, yeah?
Old 07-13-2021, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Crymea River is a great name.

But bard puns are poison lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"hey folks this is my bard rhymenosaurus"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] great video!
JK that is a great name tho lmao
Old 07-14-2021, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

live rn how can you not love this stuff

Old 07-14-2021, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sometimes a stickler about EQ names, but Killingsworth seems fine to me. And it definitely does not violate any of the rules. The word "Kill" in it isn't used as a verb. Killingsworth is not like Ikillorcs at all. Killingsworth is more like Pennysworth or Woolworth.

Anyway, back to roasting names that do violate the rules.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, back to roasting names that do violate the rules.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
live rn how can you not love this stuff

Hah, I like that one
Old 07-14-2021, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

The way the rule is written makes it sound like everyone should just have a random name that the game generates for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpllUQ38CKY

Last edited by Loadsamoney; 07-14-2021 at 03:43 AM..
Old 07-14-2021, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way the rule is written makes it sound like everyone should just have a random name that the game generates for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpllUQ38CKY

I don't think your name matters that much. You're on Blue, which is the fake, not real classic everquest server, so you're safe.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Does anyone remember the great namepocalypse, when a bunch of players suddenly petitioned garbage names, and the staff actually responded? (Almost as if this place was a classic EverQuest server or something ...)

Good times.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread