Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Post Problem starting the game - new player

Hello everyone. I'm totally new to Everquest and I wanted to try out the original experience so I decided to start on p99. I followed the instructions and made a forum and a loginserver account and they seem to be working just fine. I found the game files online and installed them in a new directory and I also patched them with v53 files.
Now the problem is when I run the "launch Titanium" file I'm getting the error message: "Windows are not able to locate the eqgame. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again" (I'm translating the message so it may differ a little). And essentially I can't run the game. But I tried sending a shortcut of the file on the desktop and I ran it from there and it logs me in the game. Then the problem I have there is that when I add my credentials at the login screen I'm getting a "DB error - invalid password" message.
So anyone can help me out and tell me what might have gone wrong during the installation process and how to fix it because I really want to play this game.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:30 AM
Large Rat

I am having the same issue... Any help is much appriciated.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:31 AM
Aviak

Did you copy the bat file to your desktop to run it? The file has to be run from the folder, make a shortcut to it. Also, make sure you copied the patch files to the root of the titanium install, not extracted into a folder inside the EQ folder.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Alright, after many hours of web digging I found the solution to these problems. As for the problem to start the game you have to send a shortcut of the "eqgame" file on your desktop, then right click on it go to properties and then at "destination" add at the end of them files' name the word "patchme". So the end destination should look something like this: "C:\P99(here goes the name of the folder you have the game installed)\eqgame.exe" patchme
I don't understand the rocket science behind this but that fixed the initialization problem for me.
As for the login "invalid password" problem it has to do with the keyboard. The game doesn't recognize numbers from the numpad or letters in capitals using the CapsLock. If you have these in your password you have to enter them by using the numbers above the letters on your keyboad and enter capitals by holding down the Shift button.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:16 AM
Aviak

the problem with this Is with the bat file. if u right click on the bat file in ur game directory and click edit you can safely change it . it will have start eqgame patchme you need to add .exe to the end of EQgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] should look like that For some reason that bat file doesn't work out of the box
Old 04-27-2021, 10:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Is anyone still facing this issue in 2021? I couldn't access it, and I was wondering if it's still not fixed. I'm working on a few patches for a game and this was something I needed to work with. I'm not sure if you know Fall guys, but there seems to be a lot of interest lately about this online multiplayer game. I have tried it and I found it much better than PUBG or Fortnite and one of the main reasons was the ability of using hacks that I found at https://wallhax.com/trainers/ for it. Maybe you guys find it useful as well.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:22 PM
Orc

don't you run the game with "Launch Titanium"?
Old 07-22-2021, 12:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have the same problem.I tried a lot of ways during the installation process but nothing worked.So i turn to play Final Fantasy XIV.I'm new to this game so i have spent huge amount of time farming ffxiv gear in the game. Some players told me that I could get ffxiv gear easily from online store.I'm still not sure what i need to buy.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have the same problem.I tried many ways during the installation process,but nothing worked.So i turn to play Final Fantasy XIV.I'm also new to this game so i have to spend huge amount of time farming ffxiv gear every day.Some players told me that i could buy ffxiv gear from online-store.But I'm still not sure what I need to buy.