Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-27-2021, 11:49 AM
Orc

Default Frost giant faction

I know wiki is not always accurate but it seems like i am getting no faction points for frost giant elites and scouts. I started at apprehensive and i am still there i have been killing Frost giant Elites and scouts for 3 days now and i am still apprehensive. Has the faction hits been adjusted or am i wrong mu earlier toons seemed to get thru the faction tree much faster
i have spent more than 10 hours now killing the elites as soon as they pop and scouts in between. Please let me know what's going on
thank you
Old 06-27-2021, 10:57 PM
Banned

faction numbers on the wiki are almost never correct, they got copied straight from allahkazam and those are the adjusted numbers that got changed sometime after luclin, you can't trust the wiki for most faction related info
Old 06-27-2021, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Most positive hits from kills are only +1 (outside of certain mobs like Sir Lucan etc). Apprehensive is 400 points wide:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

If you have logging enabled, open your logfile with notepad++ and do a find (ctrl f) for the "faction name has gotten better", and then click count. That'll at least give you an idea how many more you need to hit Indifferent.

-Mcoy
Old 06-28-2021, 01:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most positive hits from kills are only +1 (outside of certain mobs like Sir Lucan etc). Apprehensive is 400 points wide:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

If you have logging enabled, open your logfile with notepad++ and do a find (ctrl f) for the "faction name has gotten better", and then click count. That'll at least give you an idea how many more you need to hit Indifferent.

-Mcoy
thank you for the help i am aware that wiki is wrong a lot andi know there is only 1 point per elite but there is no way I can open the files you mentioned as i a not tech savvy but thanks for the help anyway
Old 06-28-2021, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

1. Download and install Notepad++

2. Open Notepad++

3. Click the "Open" icon in the upper left, or just press CTRL + O

4. Browse to the location where you have P99 installed and within that there is a "Logs" folder

5. Find the logfile for the character in question. It will look like "eqlog_<character name>_project1999.txt" or "eqlog_<character name)_p1999green.txt". (For example, mine for blue server is "eqlog_Mcoy_project1999.txt"

6. Press CTRL + F to open the Find window

7. Enter the text to search

7. Click on "Count"

Example:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope that helps!

-Mcoy
Last edited by mcoy; 06-28-2021 at 10:54 PM..
Old 06-28-2021, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't see your logfiles in your installation directory, there are 2 possible causes:

1. You don't have logging enabled

2. You have P99 installed in the Program Files directory, and you don't run EQ as admin.

Fixes:

For 1 - log in on your character and use the command "/log on". Alternatively, you can use Notepad++ and edit the eqclient.ini file. Search for "log" and change it from false to true.

For 2 - either run eqgame.exe as an admin or move the Everquest folder out of C:\Program Files (x86)\ to any other location (You can see in my screenshot above I use c:\games\. You will also need to update your shortcut you use to launch the game to point to the new location, or simply recreate it by right-clicking on the "launch titanium.bat" file in the new location and choosing the option to create a shortcut.

-Mcoy
Old 06-29-2021, 09:23 AM
Orc

MCoy
thank you for the assistance. I got it working but logs were not on so all i got was the one that i killed when i logged in and turned log in on and killed 1 Elite. I killed 110 on sunday and another 85 + yesterday so i cannot be that far off. But i will turn on logs for all my toons now because i will be checking them as well. You have been a great help and i thank you for spending the time to show me this.