Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy literally linked ball peen hammer and is critiquing the diff between haste gloves and items 5x the expense. Enough said, take my advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“Ball” “peen” “hammer” is BIS by name alone! The TOFS book is better fashion though. Pop it in secondary with a fool’s gold stein between fights to let everyone know you are afk browsing forums with some coffee.

Personally i rarely bother with haste till 45 then just loot sky rot. Group with an overlevelled enc and they’ll cap your haste.

SCHW are fun to twink if you happen to come across them otherwise /shrug. Bad fashion choice for non monks. Impractical 46+ once you have epic.

Don’t take advice from Jimjam he is a noob.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy literally linked ball peen hammer and is critiquing the diff between haste gloves and items 5x the expense. Enough said, take my advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's bad advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t take advice from Jimjam he is a noob.
He has a great name though.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pop it in secondary with a fool’s gold stein between fights to let everyone know you are afk browsing forums with some coffee.
underrated comment

Quote:
Personally i rarely bother with haste till 45 then just loot sky rot. Group with an overlevelled enc and they’ll cap your haste.
Spell haste and item haste will stack, thus a haste item is important, especially in that it allows a warrior to generate threat through damage, and not only through intermittent procs. 400 plat is do-able for getting a key item on a melee class.

Keeping in mind OP's stated requirements:
1. level 30 enchanter
2. no more than 1 hour camping as he passes through

Once again OP don't waste your time on a +4 hp +2 str 1 ac ranged item, "Loadsofcum" over here is a troll and out of touch.

Here is what you could do with the 2k he suggests towards your belt haste:
Buy a full set of Crusty armor (1k) excellent stats for a warrior
Buy Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (haste) (400p)
Buy two platinum fire wedding rings (+55 hp rings) (500 for two)

You sound like you enjoy finding your own gear though, and props for that.
I found a couple more excellent lowbie aggro weapons for you also
Goblin Skull Crusher is my personal fav proc an amazing hate spell
Wakizashi of the Frozen Skies is a doable quest at your level, plus you can get 2! they look sweet and proc at level 20. Here is a link to the quest
Obsidian Shard is the classic warrior aggro weapon, obtainable with your enchanter while leveling.
In addition to the prior Orc in Rathe Mountains, you can also kill Glaron the Wicked for Woe which has a very strong aggro proc and a unique weapon style if you're into that sort of thing.

Good luck on your darkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Once again OP don't waste your time on a +4 hp +2 str 1 ac ranged item, "Loadsofcum" over here is a troll and out of touch.
Seriously, we're going that far? I thought you were a pretty cool guy before this comment, but that was uncalled for.

He asked for something he could farm in a reasonable amount of time with a 30 enchanter that would help his Warrior. I gave him one. It's easy to get, does not take long, isn't very far away and is for a slot that would probably take a while to fill otherwise.

If he wants to farm and fill every slot on his own, that hammer is just something to add to the list, and it's not a waste of time. Warriors are probably the most gear dependent class in the game, so he wants every little advantage he can get.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He asked for something he could farm in a reasonable amount of time with a 30 enchanter that would help his Warrior.
It doesn't help. It's negligible and a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's easy to get, does not take long, isn't very far away
It's all the way in Odus, the cost vs/ time is more than the damn thing is worth.

Quote:
and is for a slot that would probably take a while to fill otherwise.
you can just put a goddam dragoon dirk there for equal negligibility.

You are wrong, period.

Quote:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any desire to play the ench a bit longer? A mid 40’s ench could farm fine steel at an alarming rate even in like sol a or HK. Heck in HK the exp would get you there quick plus 5-10p a kill.
Yes I’m still maining the enc, but very unfamiliar with warrior gear so thought I’d see if I could learn about some new items while I did a big circle around Antonica for the enc Sol Ro quests. It does make sense that the money for gear will ramp up soon when I level up and then I’ll be in the usual low end melee twink market. The warr is only level 5 now but wow I’m surprised how effective a fine steel long sword is.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It doesn't help. It's negligible and a waste of time.

It's all the way in Odus, the cost vs/ time is more than the damn thing is worth.

you can just put a goddam dragoon dirk there for equal negligibility.

You are wrong, period.
Okay, I guess we're just going to go that route, shutting down any and all valid advice.

He asked for something he could farm that would not take long, with travel time not being a problem since he's going all over the place anyway for Sol Ro quests. I gave him something to add to the list. If he wants to do it, it's an option, if not, that's up to him, but he asked for options and I gave him one. You're the one who is wrong here.

If this is what our dialogue is going to degenerate into, then I don't think we should speak anymore. I can't have a civil conversation who can't or won't admit their faults or take responsibility when they're in the wrong. You're almost as bad as DarkSydePhil in that regard.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Okay, I guess we're just going to go that route, shutting down any and all valid advice.

He asked for something he could farm that would not take long, with travel time not being a problem since he's going all over the place anyway for Sol Ro quests. I gave him something to add to the list. If he wants to do it, it's an option, if not, that's up to him, but he asked for options and I gave him one. You're the one who is wrong here.

If this is what our dialogue is going to degenerate into, then I don't think we should speak anymore. I can't have a civil conversation who can't or won't admit their faults or take responsibility when they're in the wrong. You're almost as bad as DarkSydePhil in that regard.
Listen, "Loadsofcummyboogers" I get that you're down for BANANA and "To the Moon!" Bonanzas, but lets just get one thing straight: Oo oo ee ee no touch the 'Ball peen'.

Quote:

Old 07-09-2021, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

I still think saving up plat with the ench off trivial kills is going to be better than trying to camp specific gear. In general it is in this game; it’s less romantic but the chances of getting the gear to drop could have you spending hours without payoff.

If compelled to get your own the hard way I’d prob get a dragoon dirk off Dynn in North Ro and a Polished Granite Tomahawk from highpass. Some bronze from HK goblin grouping and camp a runed bone fork. The idea of self-gearing and soloing a warrior is painful but I did this with my rogue on live to a point. A dragoon dirk and PGT are amazing for being so dang easy.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Level 30, even on an Enchanter, isn't quite high enough to solo farm most of the better mid-level staple items. If you're on Green, I assume the Warrens and Stonebrunt are not open yet, so items like the Wakizashi (or that ball been hammer) are unavailable. You're not high enough to solo stuff like the 11/29 swords from Crystal Caverns or any haste item of note. Best you can probably do is save raw platinum and use it on depreciated mid-range Kunark weapons. Something like a 9/19 would offer a huge quality of life boost over a 6/28, or optionally there ought to be a variety of affordable 2H options. To echo Snaggles, I know grinding currency isn't as exciting as looting your own drops, but it's usually the more reliable way of getting stuff done in this game, especially if you're only logging on for hour-ish chunks here and there.

Danth
Closed Thread