Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played Blue pretty much at release and Classic at release

Mages had access to ALL of their pet spells in some way

The current state of mage pet spells is a Green/Teal anomaly
Blue was beta. Blue release was so far from classic. Why would you bring that up?
Old 12-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

The critical issue with magicians and their research being fixed + pets added to vendors isn't one of how long it took to happen back in 1999, but what the trigger was for the devs to recognize the situation and fix it. The trigger was player knowledge being hammered into the game staff via ancient posting boards. So, one more time in basic English. Players recognized a BUG that was complained about to the devs who agreed it was a BUG and fixed it within 24 hours of noticing it. Hotfixed.

The problem with P1999's approach is one of saying "we're re creating a museum of perfect era 1999 everquest" and cherry picking which bugs and features to include or exclude, which also prompts a response of "player knowledge with this issue as a trigger will be ignored and be given a blanket 60+ days of suspended time because of reasons."

Folks that are unhappy have a valid right to be. The ball's been dropped. If you feel comfortable continuing to play on the flawed presentation, go for it.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:02 AM
Kobold

i can only wish the other pet classes recieved the same treatment
Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... "we're re creating a museum of perfect era 1999 everquest" ...
But this already isn't that AT ALL... The second you put a bunch of 2019 people into, it's no longer classic by a long shot. Didn't have things like all these different chat windows, chat filters, an absence of that insanely space-hogging, andclunky UI, having to look at book fullscreen to med, etc etc - BUT THIS IS FINE AND GOOD because some things about classic were just absolute horse rubbish.
Last edited by TripSin; 12-02-2019 at 12:26 AM..
Old 12-02-2019, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue was beta. Blue release was so far from classic. Why would you bring that up?
What is the purpose of Beta testing

To make the game better or worse?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

How about the devs fix some shit like pathing literally not working in a single location and mobs warping through walls, ceilings, and even warping across land in open outdoor zones which ya know is actually game breaking for all players, instead of worrying about trivial matters like pet spells? People are posting the dumbest minutiae on the bug report forums, while large parts of the Everquest experience don't work at all here.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:48 AM
Banned

what widan said, no one can even use MM 35+ without wiping the entire zone with a 40 mob train

dying to a pathing mob warp when i was level 17 was cheeky, when it happens to me at level 47 it just undid 5 hours of work
Last edited by Bazia; 12-02-2019 at 01:50 AM..
Old 12-02-2019, 02:50 AM
Sarnak

They still haven't fixed this? Lol so glad I quit a few weeks ago
Old 12-02-2019, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

MM was broken badly at release, plus all the necro NPCs had charm and the zone was absolutely deadly.

To everyone complaining: you're getting the most classic EQ launch experience ever made.

Also I no longer regret submitting those merchant rules to Nilbog, you guys are arseholes. I hope the devs don't patch for another six months.

Lastly, I play a level 20 bard, so I've already nerfed myself.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:07 AM
Banned

Guys my free game isn't perfect what should I do???!
Closed Thread