Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Large Rat

Default Brand New Player!

So, I'm a brand new player to this server, and Everquest in general.
You might ask why this is the case, and the answer is really quite simple. I was born on the year of Everquest's release, and it's a bit hard to play a video game like this when you're one, two, or three.
My father and I were talking one day about MMO's and games in general, and he brought up this game, which is what he played back in his 'glory days' of gaming. He told me quite a few interesting stories about it and it sounded rather fun to give it a go.
So, I looked up somewhere to play classical Everquest, found this and here I am. I've always had an interest for older, more 'hardcore, types of games. The community and interaction in this game is unlike I've ever seen in any MMO I've had the pleasure of playing.
So, I play a level five bard named Lenniel, you might've already seen me running around and dying for whatever reason.
Any tips, tricks, and hugs are welcome. :3
Old 09-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Large Rat

Be prepared to hit buttons multiple times, then hitting up the next button in sequence. As a bard, you'llhave to learn how to weave your songs to have as many going as you can, without letting one drop. DDps will be mad if you drop haste song, others for various reasons. You'll come to understand when its okay to drop a song (charm or stun) and when to keep things going. Kick some ass and have fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Welcome! In case you don't already know, there is a nice wiki available. Check it out!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Welcome! Learn to twist songs and know which situations you should be using them. A good Bard takes some skill but you will be loved
Old 09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome. You did a good job picking the most complex class in the game as your first character, haha. Have a read up on this guide for basic stuff: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Good luck with the bard! Very cool class once you get the hang of it.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Banned

welcome to the community man we are happy to have you. Roll a Halfling Druid on the red pvp server and you will do awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for all the links 'n stuff guys. I also didn't realize Bard was the most complex class whenever I chose it.

Although, since I've begun and now that I have a few songs I understand the idea of twisting and it's fairly simple. I believe a lot of the challenge with it will be from learning to twist the right songs at the right times. Yet, I assume with enough play it will become easier.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Kobold

Welcome aboard man. You've made a good decision! What level are you now?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Large Rat

I'm level seven now. I'm really slow I suppose. As of right now I'm spending most of my time trying to run around and get groups to play in. I've noticed really quickly that grouping is so much more effective than soloing.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Kobold

The disparity between soloing and grouping increases as you level, but since you chose Bard you have a highly effective (although very difficult) leveling mechanism called Swarm Kiting. I recommend reading up on it here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Deajay%2...Location_Guide
Closed Thread