Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

Because SK already don't dunk on Paladins hard enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-12-2021, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because SK already don't dunk on Paladins hard enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Innoruuk's Curse outperforms Fiery Defender for longevity, but then there's always the Palladius Axe for both classes. 1v1 in the arena, Paladin still has more advantages. In most any other zone, sure, the advantage goes to SK who can just FD mobs onto the Paladin endlessly but the win would have an asterisk beside it.

Lifetaps? Resisted. Harm Touch? Resisted. Dots? Dispelled/cured.

SK snare should not have only decreased the movement speed of their target but outright stolen it, increasing their own. Siphoning ATK could have instead siphoned attack speed, slowing the target while also giving the SK haste from doing so. Even if only for a short duration, like snare, it still would have made the class that much more of a self-sufficient threat. And that slow/haste, even if diminished, would have compensated for a lack of root or areas to fear kite.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Lol

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

As a sk I want a def disc that redirect some damage to the group
Old 01-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what way? Sk is outclassed by monks/necros on raids, paladins bring more to the table with their hot/hp buff.

I have both classes, pally just feels so much more equipped to handle most situations except fear kiting but that’s a pretty miserable experience imo. Sks just got shafted on spells. Fd for sure has its uses but for the most part I’ll take calm/root over that anyday. Not to mention a pally can self buff for another 1k hp, rez, and exponentially less downtime in any non fear kiting situation because of dw bp/helm.

Now if we had gnome Sks...might be a different story.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol
Quote:
In one study of online teen language, researchers found that LOL is “used by our participants in the flow of conversation as a signal of interlocutor involvement, just as one might say mm-hm in the course of a conversation.”

And another linguist, John McWhorter, pointed out that LOL has changed from indicating real laughter to a signal of “basic empathy between testers” — in other words, a sign that you have read and acknowledged the message. It’s also a way to interject a bit of a casual flair to a conversation, much in the same way we might use a short laugh or a nod in face-to-face conversation.
Thank you for acknowledging my message.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Gnome SKs would be cool.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
this a joke? paladins are the ones dunking in this comparison
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 01-12-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Garm touch way crappier compared to lay hands. I mean except for pvp.
Honestly, it is crappy compared even to mend (ignoring the timer difference, which is another thing to the favour of mend).
Old 01-12-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fd for sure has its uses but for the most part I’ll take calm/root over that anyday.
Always interesting when people see the same thing and reach different conclusions. I also have both types of characters and while the Calm line is quicker for rapid pulls in easier areas, I'd much rather have Death Peace for use when I'm not in a hurry or for splitting/pulling difficult areas, especially if I'm in a small group without a rez easily available.

----------------------------------------------------

If harm touch were a lifetap to begin with then leechcurse would be redundant. In all probability the shadow knight would have been given a wholly different level 60 discipline. Interesting to think about what THAT might have been, and serves to illustrate how one ability being sub-par spills over into affecting other stuff too.

Danth
Closed Thread