Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 10:04 AM
Kobold

Default 58 Magician Kunark Skeleton Hunting

Hi there!

I'm currently bound on top of CoM 2nd island to farm Neh'Ashiir when my friends are available. In the meantime, I'm looking for solo adventures on Kunark. I know BW and SF are ok solo spots, and I've tried the walls of CoM a bit. What I'd like is a spot with skeletons so I could farm bone chips (I'm trying to become friends with Iksars), and get exp at the same time. Bonus points for good loot :P

So far, skeletons that give exp are either green, in dungeons (multi pull with no CC) or roaming (no track or Sense the Dead). Do you guys know of good static spawn single pullable skeletons that would give me exp and bone chips on Kunark?

I've looked the wiki and stumbled upon an Undead Marine in OT. I might give it a try.

As always, everytime I asked for such specific questions, people on the forums have come forth to help. Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 01-14-2021, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there!

I'm currently bound on top of CoM 2nd island to farm Neh'Ashiir when my friends are available. In the meantime, I'm looking for solo adventures on Kunark. I know BW and SF are ok solo spots, and I've tried the walls of CoM a bit. What I'd like is a spot with skeletons so I could farm bone chips (I'm trying to become friends with Iksars), and get exp at the same time. Bonus points for good loot :P

So far, skeletons that give exp are either green, in dungeons (multi pull with no CC) or roaming (no track or Sense the Dead). Do you guys know of good static spawn single pullable skeletons that would give me exp and bone chips on Kunark?

I've looked the wiki and stumbled upon an Undead Marine in OT. I might give it a try.

As always, everytime I asked for such specific questions, people on the forums have come forth to help. Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kurn's tower might be a good place to farm bone chips, but no xp to be had there. HS entrance may be?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Best bet is to prob find a necro or enchanter that will bring you along in Howling Stones.

They'll be doing all the heavy lifting, so ask nicely!
Old 01-14-2021, 04:35 PM
Kobold

They may not give exp, but there are skeletons in DL just south of the wizard spire. Otherwise, the rotting skeleton camp might still give exp?

I would second the above recommendation of kurns. You could fill all of your bags with bone chips very quickly.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

There's gotta be some stuff up in Karnor's you could tackle, no? Basement area? Or upstairs around LCY?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Depending on race/class/religion you're going to need a lot of bone chips for lizard faction. It took me 500+ stacks until I could vendor there:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=270954

So, definitely gather all you can as you xp but you'll still likely end up needing to clear Kurns a couple dozen times.

-Mcoy
Old 01-15-2021, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Or just offer the lowbies in Kurns trivial amounts of plat to take the bone chips off their hands (I've gotten away with 1pp for a full stack before) since many of them will basically max out their bags with stacks on stacks on stacks after a couple levels
Old 01-17-2021, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Your better off just grouping to 60(hole) then buying bone chips through a post or just go to Kurns and farm them yourself. Soloing as a mage is not going to be efficient.

But if you could space them out the 5 undead in Jail in KC could be a solo potential.. but splitting them may require help and little room to maneuver. Basement KC too but that would be more difficult esp solo.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 01-17-2021 at 02:03 AM..
Old 01-17-2021, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Thank you for your answers everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Concerning HS, I'm often playing semi AFK for like 30 minutes so I'd prefer a place where I could go solo. I don't think I can break in alone... Same thing for Karnor. The zone in is less dangerous but dungeons don't tend to be AFK friendly. Unless the basement is mainly solo spawns?

As for Kurns, I already went there and filled all my free slots (maybe 20) or bought newbies their bone chips. I think I must have done that at least 6 times already (didn't count) and I need a break hahaha. That's why I'm looking for a place that would give me exp at the same time, to double the motivation a bit.

I like the idea of skeletons in DL! I might give it a go. I'll keep you guys up to date [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 01-18-2021, 02:32 AM
Sarnak

I don't think KC basement would be a good spot for a mage. It's been a long time since I last went in the jail area, but I've spent a few hours camping VKR lately with my shaman. There are just too many mobs packed in smallish rooms for a 58 mage to break into (no offense meant). Mobs hit for up to 140 in there, will social aggro and gang up on you, I doubt a pet would be able to handle 2 or 3 at the same time without slow or a heap of root nets. They also don't drop that many bone chips... I will give it a try with focused air pet and I'll let you know