Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But sure if hps are so dear to you put everything into STA if that floats your boat.
Yeah... No. Don't do this shit either. I'm gonna go ahead and cut you the benefit of the doubt because it's clear that you have no idea what's going on here or what stats do what. If you're happy with your choice as a dark elf just to get that racial hide, that's fine. No need to get defensive. The returns on STA are negligible and never once did any of us actually advocate stacking STA on a caster. We're referring to raw +HP when we say HP. Not converted STA. The ROI is shit on STA, just as it is with INT over 200. It's just not worth it. But once again, the point in stacking CHA and picking high elf is to get more flexibility on the amount of gear or which specific pieces you need to get to 205 unbuffed. Once you get there, raw HP is pretty much the only stat that matters. For instance, I've done charm soloing with Aegolism and without it. And it's basically a night and day difference to your survivability. When charm breaks, your health bar is all that separates you from success and failure. If you have any other questions, please go ahead and ask. Just don't get angry when you find out you were wrong.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah... No.....
that guy is one of those people that don't stay runed because its "too expensive"
Old 03-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

CHA is wierd and it can come back to haunt you later on.

At lower levels CHA is in abundance on gear and cheap, but as you get into the higher levels it actually starts to get harder to find. Sure you can continue to use that 15cha Crude Stein in your offhand but do you really want to use that over an Orb of the Infinite Void? Do you want to keep wearing those 7 CHA jewelcrafted bracers or do you want those skyshrine bracers that add over 50hp EACH among a bunch of other stats... but *no* CHA?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Orb is the clear choice and the skyshrine bracers are the clear choice but that is 29cha you need to now find somewhere else. This is just one example as a lot of armor begins to look like this. Even as a High Elf I have a hard time striking the right balance between CHA/HP/MANA because of this.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 03-26-2016 at 05:41 PM..
Old 03-26-2016, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that guy is one of those people that don't stay runed because its "too expensive"
And I'll bet that you're one of those idiots that play red.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Banned

there is hardly any charisma on raid gear

the best geared enchanters in the game have pitiful charisma

high elf and all stats into charisma is the way to go
Old 03-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Not much to charm in the raid zones of Velious anyways (outside Kael), so keep that old CHA gear around for soloing I suppose.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Orc

My 2 coppers...

CHA has more uses than just charm. It also affects initial resist on mez as well as lower crit resists on lull and increased effectiveness of mem blur spells.

Whether you charm or not, CHA is still very useful.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 2 coppers...

CHA has more uses than just charm. It also affects initial resist on mez as well as lower crit resists on lull and increased effectiveness of mem blur spells.

Whether you charm or not, CHA is still very useful.
Cha doesn't affect mezzes just rng on charm and resist rate on lulls.

If I'm blurring I just lull and chain mezz anyways. No sense bringing up a spell with a 5 sec cool down when you can just mezz till your hearts content.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yo Yumyums, been a while. You still playing?
Old 04-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Only red and not too often. Found my forum handle information so I'm posting a bit for the satisfaction.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread