Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-23-2020, 11:59 AM
Large Rat

Default World graphics not appearing - Mac w/ Wineskin

Coming back from a long break and I'm having a hell of a time getting this game running again. I ran it with Wineskin no problem on my Mac before and now I'm having every issue in the book. Here is the summary:

1. Got the game on my Mac but it wouldn't load due to new High Sierra and Wineskin issue
2. Switched from WS8WineCXG10.3.0 to WS9Wine 2.6, had it stop auto detecting my graphics card, updated Winetricks, and telling Vidio card it's got 2048mb RAM.

Boom. We are in business EXCEPT the world isn't loading. The character select screen is just my char in a grey expanse. I log in to Gfay and the NPCs are walking around on nothing, I can't see the ground, I can see some furniture/torches/treetops but thats it. Everything else seems to work. I can see my guy, use the UI, etc.

I've messed with the settings in game, dug through the forums, and Googlefu'd the hell out of this but I can't find the fix. Can anyone help?
Old 08-23-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Usually that's caused by overwriting the folders themselves when installing the patch, instead of replacing their contents with what's in the patch. You'll need to reinstall, and take care to only replace each directory's contents with what's in the patch and leave the other files in them intact.

-Mcoy
Old 08-23-2020, 05:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Usually that's caused by overwriting the folders themselves when installing the patch, instead of replacing their contents with what's in the patch. You'll need to reinstall, and take care to only replace each directory's contents with what's in the patch and leave the other files in them intact.

-Mcoy
Thanks for the response. Follow up question because I’m not very tech savvy: I pulled this copy of the game off my PC (that’s on its last leg) but it runs without this issue. Is this a typical Mac problem from doing a drag and drop replacement of files?
Old 08-23-2020, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin, or someone else more familiar with Macs than I am would be the guy to ask about that. Best I can do is point you to this post:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=1265123

Step 15 is the part I was referring to. If you were dragging the files themselves I would imagine it would work - it's just when copying the directories that they wipe out previous contents.

-Mcoy
Old 08-23-2020, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

If you look at the 2nd to last post in that thread it describes your issue (characters only, no world graphics). So I'm pretty sure that's where your trouble is.

-Mcoy
Old 08-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Large Rat

I’ll give this a try tonight. Thanks for your help! Hopefully I can report back with good news.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:54 PM
Large Rat

Fixed, Mcoy. Thanks a million!
Old 08-23-2020, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Glad to hear it. Hopefully I'll see you in-game someday.

-Mcoy