Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Old 11-02-2023, 06:13 PM
Orc

Default Shadowknight Piercing Should Be Capped at 225

All other weapon skills for SK's are 225, Paladins piercing cap is 225, and there is nothing I can find anywhere that suggests piercing should be lower only for SK. TAKP, for example, has it at 225 along with everything else. It is never mentioned in any patch notes or comments on Allakhazam that I can find.

If I'm wrong here, I would love to see some comments or notes showing SK piercing should be capped at 210, or at least hear how this number was derived. This just looks like an oversight that should be corrected.
Old 11-03-2023, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Paladins got piercing added later, and it was made to match their other caps as their impetuous knightly nature demands they are most skilled with the knife.

Shadowknights, however had piercing from day 1, so could use all manner of nasty sacrificial daggers or other ignoble weapons. Like warriors the shadow knight is unable to reach the same levels of skill with daggers as a ‘proper’ fighter’s weapon (and this in turn means they aren’t so proficient with the honourable lance as their paladin contemporaries).

Basically paladin is better with lance for development history as well as thematic reasons. Without a source to show SK got their piercing cap jumped up (or they had a better relative proficiency with daggers than warriors) …Sorry.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-03-2023, 01:49 PM
Kobold

SKs deserve 225 piercing -

source: narandi's lance looks the most bitchinest on SKs
Old 11-18-2023, 07:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Using internet archive to look up the old castersrealm site shows that the SK piercing skill cap changed from 210 to 225 sometime between June and Aug 2001, which is technically before Luclin came out (Dec 2001). So yeah the SK piercing skill should be 225 on here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010815...s=Shadowknight