Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The most vital question is if you are planning on partaking in scrub content or thac0 level content.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Don't overlook human too. They don't have fantastic stats, but they also don't have any stat weaknesses. Every human starts with at least 75 in every stat.

Things to realize: your mezzes WILL get broken. Get used to it, and try to not let it get you angry. If you get into a group that doesn't break mezzes, stay with that group as long as you can! It's a rarity to be cherished. You WILL die a lot. That's just one of the facts of being an enchanter. If you're one of those people that gets pissed off every time they die -especially when it's someone else's fault- don't play an enchanter. You'll have an ulcer within a month.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinbreath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most vital question is if you are planning on partaking in scrub content or thac0 level content.
Dude, Thac0 level content is like mad crazy tough!

Sorry, had to.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thac0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im no racist but..

News flash, if you have to say "but" it means you are probably going to say something pretty ignorant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know your ego got bruised however alot of people are stating the reasons why my statment rings true. You have made your position clear as to why Strength on your Enchanter works for you and ima let you finish, but stamina is the greatest stat of all time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to Kanye the thread Thaco!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Do any of you 50 enchanters happen to know how much 1 stam = hp-wise at 50?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

I tested it last night, at 46, 8sta gave me a whopping 19hp.

A good enchanter will have different pieces of gear to make up for inadequacies in their stats. I currently have a completely int based gear set (mostly for tradeskilling if i'm being honest) as well as a cha based gear set for charming. When exping i usually use a mix of both. I also have a set of hp gear (BS neck, 55hp rings etc) for raids as getting beat on isn't fun.

Also... for the person who said to put the points in strength (lol btw) i have a set of gear just for strength too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i get my strength to about 145 self buffed... combined with my WR bags i can pretty much cope with whatever i need to carry.

If you're like me and have various gear sets for whatever you're doing, starting points are of less importance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tested it last night, at 46, 8sta gave me a whopping 19hp.

A good enchanter will have different pieces of gear to make up for inadequacies in their stats. I currently have a completely int based gear set (mostly for tradeskilling if i'm being honest) as well as a cha based gear set for charming. When exping i usually use a mix of both. I also have a set of hp gear (BS neck, 55hp rings etc) for raids as getting beat on isn't fun.

Also... for the person who said to put the points in strength (lol btw) i have a set of gear just for strength too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i get my strength to about 145 self buffed... combined with my WR bags i can pretty much cope with whatever i need to carry.

If you're like me and have various gear sets for whatever you're doing, starting points are of less importance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. The need for multiple sets of gear will slowly beome less important as more content in released but in classic this is the only way to do it for an enchanter regardless of your starting stats.

Also regarding str, don't forget that sapphire jewelty gives int+str. The platinum necklace gives +7, the earrings give +2 or +4 depending on which you choose. Also there are numerous places where you can get weight reduction bags.

It beats being able to change up gear for special situations than to gimp your character for the 90% of the time that you aren't encumbered. Berserker buff + Earth elemental illusion is what I use if I'm really encumbered.

And finally. If you are killing mobs for loot, you know you can avoid the fine steel and instead use all your bag slots for the items that stack. Pages, words, runes and gems. You can make way more money with partial stacks of these items then a hand full of fine steel or bronze and you don't get encumbered in the process. This goes for all int-casters.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Only reason i made a set of strength gear was for running around with stupid amounts of money, like buying fire opals with gp, or tink bags.

This is an offtopic question, but regardless of how overencumbered i am, any form of movement buff (Jboots, sow etc) allows me to move, albeit slowly. I vaguely recall if i'm 1000/60 then even having sow or bard song shouldn't allow me to move...

Could be wrong though.

I enchant things...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thac0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im no racist but..

News flash, if you have to say "but" it means you are probably going to say something pretty ignorant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know your ego got bruised however alot of people are stating the reasons why my statment rings true. You have made your position clear as to why Strength on your Enchanter works for you and ima let you finish, but stamina is the greatest stat of all time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol no i wasnt going to say something ignorant but if you would like i can. you obivously have nothing better to do than try to pick apart peoples posts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ego bruised? haha not really, this is just a video game i could give a fuck less either way what happens, and speaking of ignorant things, you really should pay attention, i never stated i had an ENC. so before you open your mouth and try to pick shit apart please READ things.

thanks Kanye, way to be a douche. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

im done with this thread well since i dont have an ENC, so replies will not be seen
Last edited by AR3151; 05-26-2010 at 08:59 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR3151 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol no i wasnt going to say something ignorant but if you would like i can. you obivously have nothing better to do than try to pick apart peoples posts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ego bruised? haha not really, this is just a video game i could give a fuck less either way what happens
lol u mad brah?

Quote:
i never stated i had an ENC.
Quote:
im done with this thread well since i dont have an ENC, so replies will not be seen
That was obvious from the get go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread