Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Visited EQLive Today

Visited what remains of my old server E-Marr. No guild names I remember, no faces... Very expected not playing since 2004. I went on a tour to visit some MoBs you don't normally get to see as Veeshan's Peak is an open zone now and often Kunark dragons are left alone.

Touring Kunark was pleasant and allowed me to see most of the VP dragons, Serv, and Faydedar. I also went to Western Wastes, ToV, and DN to visit some old friends! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What was the cool thing?

I wasn't alone.

Most zones I went to were dead as usual, but in VP and Velious I bumped into folks touring like me... Folks from 1999-2002 that just randomly came back to visit the game. I showed off my PoM Flower collection while they flexed their NToV gear.

Looking really close at certain zones I appreciate old Verant's style. A lot of repetitive mobs, but I'll be damned if they weren't wonderful down to the detail of their zones...

It is sad to see EQ evolved into a different game. Nothing yet I have played can match the challenge the original EQ was...

Was a good visit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

I hope you pointed everyone you met to p99!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Nothing as challenging as classic eq? You should watch the video of Nihilum downing Illidan for the first time. Find something in velious era or prior EQ to match that. EQ raiding was simply about making sure half of those present were awake and doing something, anything at all.

I've tried a lot of different MMO's and eq classic remains my favorite. But this whole "challenging" idea is just bs.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing as challenging as classic eq? You should watch the video of Nihilum downing Illidan for the first time. Find something in velious era or prior EQ to match that. EQ raiding was simply about making sure half of those present were awake and doing something, anything at all.

I've tried a lot of different MMO's and eq classic remains my favorite. But this whole "challenging" idea is just bs.
So .0000001% of "that" game is hard? Leveling up was a joke and there was no risk at all.
Last edited by Vaildez; 06-02-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

You know on EQ live you don't Have to have merc's, or use the PoK stones, wear uber ass gear. You can play just like on here if you want. But there is like 300 zones you can go to, probably more. If you play on the Test server you get a lot of stuff for free.

It isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be if you use your head. It is a nice change of pace from here once in awhile.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Orc

I played in progressive guilds on test server, it was fun! They always seem to fall apart around PoP though....

It is fun going back ;-)
Old 06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Orc

UO was hard.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Kobold

The leveling process of EQ classic was harder than any MMO I've played by a lot. Especially if you were a new player. Never played UO.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Kobold

The levelling process of EQ Classic remains in pretty much any Korean MMO you pick up now, sans the money shops. I don't think the levelling process itself was the spark that made EQ as compelling as it was.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you pointed everyone you met to p99!
PortStar - Human Druid P99
Sinfuly - Dark Elf Rogue (MIA 2010) P99
~~
Closed Thread