Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Large Bat

Poly thats not right, little history for you all.

EQ started out on its own. and sony bought it from the Developers, they kept those same guys building EQ and its updates and new releases. then at one Point Sony did not think they needed them anymore and basicly screwed those guys out of the deal Sony had cut with them. and in turn firing them. that same team went to Blizzard after that in no time we had WoW online. alot of old school EQ guys know this as we watched it happen. and fast sony went to work ruining one of the greatest games ever put online.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder when they're releasing Diablo III.
I lol'd at this.

How long did the masses wait for that garbage?
Old 06-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lol'd at this.

So glad I went with Torchlight 2 instead.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just me, or does the WoW releases remind you of EQ? I mean, look at the expansions, Burning Crusade had that desert look like Kunark. Frozen throne is like well, frozen Velious and now the latest expansion gives the whole world a new make over, new beast race the Worgen and I bet you some how they end up going to the moon. They even have a new city called "Vashj'ir", wtf?
damn those thieves!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the people that created WoW were in a top EQ raid guild, so it is not that surprising.

I never really thought of Kunark as a desert expansion though, seemed like more jungles/ forests than anything.
This isn't true at all. Furor from FoH is the only one that is a dev there, and he mainly did raid development.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Years and so disappointed.

Also kag, I MIGHT have to put you on ignore because of your new avatar. I can handle the anime stuff but the constant shaking is going to give me a seizure

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Banned

The goblin Bilge in Dagnors....and the WoW Goblin race faction is "Bilgewater Cartel"
Old 06-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true at all. Furor from FoH is the only one that is a dev there, and he mainly did raid development.
Ariel - guild leader of legacy of steel was something important above Tigole

Tigole - the next guild leader of legacy of steel was lead quest designer and eventual lead game designer

ariel brought tigole/furor into blizzard, theres like 40 references to Furor/Alex Afrasiabi in WoW

atleast one or two more LoS was involved with WoW. Half of Westfall NPC'd are refernces to LoS. legend of captian graayson...guard galiaan etc etc
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by susvain0362 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ariel - guild leader of legacy of steel was something important above Tigole

Tigole - the next guild leader of legacy of steel was lead quest designer and eventual lead game designer

ariel brought tigole/furor into blizzard, theres like 40 references to Furor/Alex Afrasiabi in WoW

atleast one or two more LoS was involved with WoW. Half of Westfall NPC'd are refernces to LoS. legend of captian graayson...guard galiaan etc etc
...and let me say that anyone who was an asshat in a game and then references that asshattery in the game they then designed as if it were something to be proud of ... has baked their asshat status into bedrock. Creating an ability in WoW and calling it Furor may just be the biggest act of geek wankery ever.
Last edited by t0lkien; 06-09-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Years and so disappointed.

Also kag, I MIGHT have to put you on ignore because of your new avatar. I can handle the anime stuff but the constant shaking is going to give me a seizure
I liked the #YOLO I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it while sleep deprived as all hell this morning.
Closed Thread