Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Default Cleric race debate

Dwarf for pure stats: STR, STA, DEX, +5MR/PR

vs.

Dark Elf for looks / clicky snare necklace:
http://wiki.project1999.org/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk

I dont honestly care about DE hide. Clicky snare vs. stats imo. Will stats be a non factor endgame, and clicky still be used endgame? I simply cannot decide!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Neither starting stats nor the click necklace will matter in end-game raiding. If Hide doesn't matter to you, pick the race that you think looks better or has the racial bonus that you feel would help you more during the leveling process.

Danth
Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Hide > all. If that doesn't sway your choice, then you can literally pick anything you want. 200wis is pretty easy and 5MR/PR won't matter when you're rocking resist gear + GRM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

I first thought you meant an actual race between a dwarf and dark elf. Left thread disappointed
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Sarnak

Human follower of Innorruuk. That gives you access to not only the snare clicky necklace, but also the terror/dread/fright forged quest items from Paineel. With well-rounded starting stats and none of those obnoxious evil race travel restrictions.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Snare necklace is handy, but you won't use it as often as you think...and I think its 6 ticks(?), with a long recast time, so after 4 ticks you'll have to be ready to extend it if you need to.

Basically, you're not expected to snare anything...you'll likely root/nuke if you're soloing (versus fear kite with pro melee skills), and standing up for ages getting a snare off is time you could be spent medding.

In a small group without a snarer in an area that requires one? How often does that happen? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only time I really used mine consistently on my cleric was duoing spirocs with an enchanter buddy. I'd pull, he'd fear, I'd snare...charmed pet would do the rest. My only job was to heal the pet if it ever got low.

TL;DR - snare necklace is handy but overrated, there's times where the extra STR (dwarf) or conveniences like being able to bank in Freeport/having more vendors available are more handy to you.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86315

Debate done to death. It comes down to item availability.
Currently its something like Dwarf>High Elf>Dark Elf=Human=Erudite>Halfling>Gnome
Velious Era High Elf>Human>Erudite>Dark Elf>Dwarf>Halfling=Gnome

Velious as I recall everyone gets the same thing. Dwarfs get Brewer's Mesh Cloak, INT caster races get more robes, High elves get Symbol of Tunarian Worship. Correct Deity choice can also result in some great jewelry as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

like Fawqueue said, human clerics of innoruuk are the only clerics that get both a Snare clicky (http://wiki.project1999.org/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk) and a Fear clicky (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...or_Forged_Mask)

dwarves get this awesome line of armor: http://wiki.project1999.org/Dwarven_...chanted_Imbued)

dark elves get hide

high elves get crazy wisdom

halflings get an exp bonus, hide, and sneak

erudites, high elves, dark elves, and gnomes are a bit of a bummer because of their cruddy starting strength... clerics are gonna be wearing plate armor, be prepared to be encumbered often if you go with one of these three

erudites and dwarves start with 70AGI, meaning you need to waste 5 starting points in AGI or be prepared to take a huge AC hit early on (seems like there's a lot of people that don't know about the AC hit under 75AGI. its actually a pretty huge hit.)

probably the main thing everyone can agree on is that gnomes are the worst cleric race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pharmakos; 02-28-2013 at 06:39 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Neck clickies are overrated, the brell one is nifty when it is able to summon beer. Literally nobody uses them. Don't have that be a deciding factor for what race/deity you want to be. I have met several inny humans, and none of them use the clickey. Current end game cleric neck choice gear is black sapphire neck, goblin soul caller, and NoS.
Last edited by ArumTP; 02-28-2013 at 07:33 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Nice link, ty Arum
Closed Thread