Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Default Ancient Cyclops

Currently approaching hour 21 in South Ro camping an ancient cyclops for JBoots quest. Statistically he should spawn at least once every 5 hours (10% chance). Also, occasionally a spawn will skip the cycle. The timer is also off, it is taking several minutes longer than the actual time on EverQuest (30.6666666666 minutes) ancient cyclops loop took to spawn.

I've seen Sandgiant Husam more times that I can count, gained almost an entire level, and made 1k solely off of Sand Giants, and before anyone says anything stupid like 'kill the undead in the tower' or whatever else...Prathun spilled the beans a while ago about how AC works. Straight up 30.6~ spawn timer on the Sandgiant Husam loop. If P99 isn't set up the same way, well then it just isn't classic EQ now is it?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

He can only spawn at night, did you know this? The 30.6 spawn timer is almost dead on here, and I can attest to this(I would set timers and log back in to have it spawn perfectly). I have spent hours and hours at that camp and have seen AC spawn. Also I don't believe Husam is a PH for him on here:

Quote:
ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He can only spawn at night, did you know this? The 30.6 spawn timer is almost dead on here, and I can attest to this(I would set timers and log back in to have it spawn perfectly). I have spent hours and hours at that camp and have seen AC spawn. Also I don't believe Husam is a PH for him on here:
Yes. No, it isn't, it's off by a lot. Yes, he is, he's named in the top line.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

He's named in the description, not in the actual spawn table. And no, its not off by a lot. Like I said I had that shit on lock down for at least 4 hours(just 1 session, I had probably 5 or 6 in SRO) and he spawned correctly each time. If you think its the incorrect time, then you are not doing the camp correctly.

3 mobs all spawn at the same point on that hill. The one with a 30.6 respawn timer is the correct PH. I also never saw the PH skip a cycle.

45 Iksar Monk

Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's named in the description, not in the actual spawn table. And no, its not off by a lot. Like I said I had that shit on lock down for at least 4 hours(just 1 session, I had probably 5 or 6 in SRO) and he spawned correctly each time. If you think its the incorrect time, then you are not doing the camp correctly.

3 mobs all spawn at the same point on that hill. The one with a 30.6 respawn timer is the correct PH. I also never saw the PH skip a cycle.
There's 4 mobs that all spawn at the same point. You may have 'had it on lock down' but someone could have fucked with the numbers since then accidentally and NOW they are wrong. One misplaced character in a code can change everything.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

I also don't understand your math. Depending on the actual day/night hours on this server, which is stated to be 7am to 9pm at least in Kithikor(stated by a dev), you would have 1 10% chance every hour at the AC. How should he spawn at least every 5 hours?

45 Iksar Monk

Last edited by girth; 06-25-2010 at 12:44 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

It's not been messed with, your luck matches your attitude. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

You need to start over IMO. Let everything respawn, all 3 mobs. Then kill them all relatively back to back if possible. The last one to spawn, which will take 30-31 minutes, is the correct PH. I have seen multiple ACs on here, have you?

45 Iksar Monk

Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Kobold

I think he lacks the understanding of stats, lets say it is 10% just because you killed him 9 times doesn't mean he will spawn that 10th time. Each kill and 10% spawn chance is a separate event. Such as flipping a coin, just because you get 10 tails in a row doesn’t mean you’re anymore likely to get a heads on that 11th flip, it’s still 50/50.

Holmes 50 Nerco DA
Gretzky 38 Ranger DA
Old 06-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

He also cannot read that well. Or count. Poor guy.

45 Iksar Monk

Closed Thread