Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...except that he is just leaving one elf sim for another (TakP)
Ah yes. A considerably less crazy elf sim that requires less of my time. Can't quit completely. What can I say? I got it bad.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes. A considerably less crazy elf sim that requires less of my time. Can't quit completely. What can I say? I got it bad.
You're gonna Brett farve this and eventually make a comeback I know it.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're gonna Brett farve this and eventually make a comeback I know it.
One can dream!!

On live I played sooooo much back when I was in college, it was actually a big relief when I quit, but now play p99 some 13 years later at a much more casual rate. Hopefully people will see that you don't need to raid here and can spend time doing fun stuff like exploring, helping folks, do certain solo / duo / grouping challenges, host your own events, etc.

For too many people the sickness is obtaining BiS and earning DKP. Take a step back and be free! I sincerely think they will enjoy the game more.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For too many people the sickness is obtaining BiS and earning DKP. Take a step back and be free! I sincerely think they will enjoy the game more.
I think that is the core of what makes this server so different than others.

For me EQ leadership is amazing. I love leading in this game and seeing people grow and become something better, stronger, more organized than when they came in. They fit in the machine of a working guild and feel purposeful.

The problem for leadership here is that, as the working organization of the guild grows, the guild becomes capable of fighting the next tier of mobs. That sense of challenge continues to drive people.

The challenge itself is endless because guild dynamics continually change. It is sustainable for a guild. A person at the top may become bored because they've been in the top tier mob realm for a while and so they quit. Well there's always more people interested in joining and having fun up there. So the guild continues to maintain success... unless they can't actually fight the mobs that prove challenging.

The problem is when there ARE greater challenges that exist but they are not available. That ruins things for the guild's progress. It destroys leaders because they can no longer provide strategy to mechanical encounters. The only way to succeed at that point is to succeed in politics.

~~~

You are asking us to ignore the guild's structure of meeting challenging foes and focus on exploring the world. The game becomes a survival game in a Norrathian wilderness rather than a gladiatorial game of guilds v.s. boss enemies.