Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Sivina Lutewhisper in Surefall Glade mail delivery

If quest givers sometimes require more response than exactly what's in brackets please excuse my reporting this, I'm still brand new to Everquest...

I have a level 3 human ranger, Tunare deity, in Surefall Glade and when I hail Sivina Lutewhisper (in the Ranger guild hall) she asks if I'm [interested] about... [mail] delivery.

But when I respond with "interested" and/or "mail" in my reply (the only two things in brackets) nothing happens.

Tried logging in and out to see if that had any effect but no change.

Then I responded "Yes I am interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail", basically "yes" followed by trying to repeat every word she said, and she proceeded to tell me about delivering mail to Qeynos and everything worked fine from there.

So possible something in her original statement is missing brackets? Or maybe I just got RP checked by an NPC? Again if this is supposed to be this way just let me know. I asked in discord and didn't get any exact answers so just trying to do my due diligence.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Project Manager

The mail quests were somewhat strict on phrasing, but only the npcs having more than 1 mail route should be so particular.

Pending update:

Most mail quest triggers will respond to basic replies. Npcs having more than 1 route will still require more specific phrasing.
Closed Thread