Old 03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Developer

Classic Color Skew After-Effect
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Classic Suffocate Hand Effect

Classic Blind Ground Effect
Last edited by Telin; 03-10-2014 at 11:29 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Sarnak

Starting campaign for Telin to get a DE mask as a reward for his work! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

VIP / Contributor > guise - he's already won forumquest
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Did the buff effect get tweaked? I was grouped with a lvl 30 cleric and she had blue particles in her buffs. 24-38 buffs should only be orange and green. Blue is at 39.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the buff effect get tweaked? I was grouped with a lvl 30 cleric and she had blue particles in her buffs. 24-38 buffs should only be orange and green. Blue is at 39.
For now I had to put the blue and orange together at 24 because the client limits the number of emitters. There may be a way to fix thus in the future, but something is blocking additional effects except for certain spells like fire bolts.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Orc

I haven't logged on in a while, but do these spell effect changes include being able to see the spell particles come out of hands/eyes/surround you in first person view?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't logged on in a while, but do these spell effect changes include being able to see the spell particles come out of hands/eyes/surround you in first person view?
Not yet. This is still the new system so it is clipped in first person. I was able to cause some to be seen in first person initially but it caused the client to crash on some illusion models. I'm sure there's a way to turn it off but it would probably require editing the dx.dll.

It works in first person when the particles were not attached to the models and originate from a "default location", but then it crashed using tree form. I have also experimented editing the eqclient.ini settings and putting a negative value on the particle clip plane. That didn't work.
Last edited by Telin; 03-14-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Thank you for working on this. Makes it that much more nostalgic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Aviak

Default Monk Epic

Hey Telin,

First off thanks for all the work that you have done. I have enjoyed it thoroughly and I am sure others have as well.

I just wanted to bring up one issue that perhaps you might be able to shed some light on.

As you know the graphic on the Monk Epic is suppose to have swirly things coming out of the monks fist. Since the beginning of time only the monk can see it for them self and no one can see it on them.

Is there any way you think you might be able to fix this to where all the monks that have the epics can have their swirlies to show off to all of norrath??

Maybe it is not even possible for a reason I am to ignorant to understand, just thought I would ask 8x
Thanks for all that you do!
Last edited by Kautin; 04-01-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Telin,

First off thanks for all the work that you have done. I have enjoyed it thoroughly and I am sure others have as well.

I just wanted to bring up one issue that perhaps you might be able to shed some light on.

As you know the graphic on the Monk Epic is suppose to have swirly things coming out of the monks fist. Since the beginning of time only the monk can see it for them self and no one can see it on them.

Is there any way you think you might be able to fix this to where all the monks that have the epics can have their swirlies to show off to all of norrath??

Maybe it is not even possible for a reason I am to ignorant to understand, just thought I would ask 8x
Thanks for all that you do!
This issue is deeper than just the particle system. It may have something to do with server/client communication and checking the hand slots for particle effects. I wouldn't know how to fix it directly but I'll try to think of some ways around it. I could recreate that effect easily. If there was a way to add a spell effect to the item that is always active and does nothing but use an animation that would work.
Last edited by Telin; 04-01-2014 at 03:24 PM..
Closed Thread