Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you donate for a new "rotation" blue server?
Yes, I would absolutely donate money for this 256 62.75%
No, I'm quite happy with the way things are 87 21.32%
Don't care one way or another 65 15.93%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Default Would you donate for a new blue server?

This is an idea that I discussed on Sirken's stream and before that it was an idea that many of the casual raiding guilds discussed. Here's the premise:

A new blue server would be created. Players would be allowed to /movelog to this new server. On this new server the raid scene would be an enforced rotation modeled after the current class R rotation system. Raid disputes would be adjudicated by a council of raiding guild officers but would ultimately be enforced by staff at its highest levels.

If players want to subscribe to the hardcore mindset then they can stay on the current blue server. If players want to experience a more civilized raid environment then they can movelog to the new server.

For an idea like this to happen it would first have to be approved by Rogean/Bog and then funded by the interested players.

So, bottom line, would you donate to play on this type of server?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an idea that I discussed on Sirken's stream and before that it was an idea that many of the casual raiding guilds discussed. Here's the premise:

A new blue server would be created. Players would be allowed to /movelog to this new server. On this new server the raid scene would be an enforced rotation modeled after the current class R rotation system. Raid disputes would be adjudicated by a council of raiding guild officers but would ultimately be enforced by staff at its highest levels.

If players want to subscribe to the hardcore mindset then they can stay on the current blue server. If players want to experience a more civilized raid environment then they can movelog to the new server.

For an idea like this to happen it would first have to be approved by Rogean/Bog and then funded by the interested players.

So, bottom line, would you donate to play on this type of server?
No No.. it needs to be constant donations for the monthly expenses not just a one time donation of 1$. Got to try to think man...
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Banned

Raid scene is over populated.

XP scene is about right.

You basically would end up with a red pop server with no pvp imo.

This has all been a result of a prolonged Kunark that had tons of bonus xp events.

I think another blue server with a fresh start for Velious would be a good idea honestly. You could eventually merge the servers too with no fear of clashing rulesets like I saw with teams/ffa pvp.

I see a tidal wave of people coming back to blue for Velious and north ro/ice clad being so bad GMs will actually have to summon people to eastern wastes or... I mean... really I don't know how to handle that. This isn't the red propaganda talking either.

Chest, if you want to start from scratch on a Velious server and divide up the over populated raid scene.. I'd support it for sure. It's just over populated on the current blue box and 1 blue server for this many raiding guilds sure ain't classic.

Holo crootin.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Skeleton

Sounds like the lawyer server.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No No.. it needs to be constant donations for the monthly expenses not just a one time donation of 1$. Got to try to think man...
I'm going to try to keep this civilized Alarti, so play nice. I guess it all depends on how much the financial upkeep becomes should their be an additional server. I think the majority of players would be ok with this concept tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid scene is over populated.

XP scene is about right.

You basically would end up with a red pop server with no pvp imo.

This has all been a result of a prolonged Kunark that had tons of bonus xp events.

I think another blue server with a fresh start for Velious would be a good idea honestly. You could eventually merge the servers too with no fear of clashing rulesets like I saw with teams/ffa pvp.

I see a tidal wave of people coming back to blue for Velious and north ro/ice clad being so bad GMs will actually have to summon people to eastern wastes or... I mean... really I don't know how to handle that. This isn't the red propaganda talking either.

Chest, if you want to start from scratch on a Velious server and divide up the over populated raid scene.. I'd support it for sure. It's just over populated on the current blue box and 1 blue server for this many raiding guilds sure ain't classic.

Holo crootin.
I think you're underestimating just how overpopulated blue is entirely, and I think you're underestimating the number of casual raiding guilds that would like to experience content without subscribing to the extreme playstyle mindset. At least 8 class R guilds are already on board for this idea and id bet that the majority of the non raiding players would like to see something like this as well because it ensures that they'll be allowed to raid without being forced to sock.

If any server would be left with a "red population" I think it would be the hardcore server. I believe that the majority of the playerbase would secede if given the option.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon, his point is that the server that "ends up with a red pop server with no pvp" would be the current (class-C) blue and that the majority of Blue99's population would fund a new server and /movelog to it once launched, on the basis of being exclusively class-R style rotation raiding.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I would if the server repops were FFA. With or without bag limit, dun care either way.

So that you can prioritize and race with your guild to get some targets out of rotation. With the vast majority being in rotation, casual, raids without herpderp trains. However rushing around to knock out targets when they are all up is fun.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Banned

$500, for a new server in current timeline when velious launches.

No manastones /guises/etc etc etc. vel open day 1. No Donals BP trivializing everything.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Nope.

Like having everyone all on one dramabox.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Orc

Yep, I would definitely donate/pay monthly.
Closed Thread